Orbitron "spinclination"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N0QBH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Central MN
I have an Orbitron SX7 dish that I recently refurbished and reinstalled.
I notice the original paint mark for aligning the hub to the latitude scale is gone.
Can someone tell me were on the hub that mark should be?
Also, if I use a straightedge across the dish and an inclinometer, where do I have the positioner set when I measure declination? Due south relative to the mount or the dish? There's a difference because spinclination cocks the dish to the east.

The spinclination dish mount is Orbitrons' way of setting a dish's declination. The dish mount is offset 8 degrees from perpendicular. That allows you to adjust 8 degrees of declination when you rotate the dish 90 degrees - 4 degrees declination for 45 degrees rotation, etc. If you rotate the dish and find the minimum and maximum points, you can get pretty close to approximating the proper declination setting.

Thanks for the input, Hermitman.
My plan is to fine tune my system using the method described at: http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/satalig2.html

However, it requires a pretty accurate idea of the declination angle.
Think I'll start by using the straightedge and inclinometer across the dish.
My system has been in place for over 12 years, but after I upgraded to a dual band corotor, it became obvious the aiming that was good enough for C band won't cut it for digital Ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)