Orbitron SX-10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sichejo

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
I need to find out where the latitude scale on the mount lines up with the dish. The scale is intact on the mount, but I cannot figure out where the mark is on the dish to line it up to.

I have had to mark the brackets as they do not follow from one dish to another. When you locate a satellite, by the trial and success method, Mark the dish or mount next to where the chart says you should have been setting it to (that is the correct location. ALSO--- very important for most mounts --- mark the pivot point(s) on the mount. Maybe circle the bolt/nut with a marker or spray paint. A very little slop here will cause any other markings to be WAY off. Your repeatability will be better, but probably not perfect.

Last edited:
The mount came with the dish.
I was hoping to find someone that had the same same dish, or the manual.

The declination is adjusted by rotating the dish in the polar mount. The dish is not mounted true to the pipe that comes out of the rear of the dish. When the dish is rotated, the dish angle changes, because the pipe is welded to the dish at an angle.

The spinclination mount has a range of plus or minus 8 degrees. So a 90 degree rotation of the dish will result in an 8 degree change in declination, a 45 degree rotation of the dish will result in a 4 degree change in declination, etc. If you know the required declination of your location, you can get a pretty close approximation of how much to rotate the dish for the required declination. Good luck and have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)