This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Orby frustration please help!

Good to hear, not the storm part, but the rest!

I use two screw in the ground "dog ties" to anchor our tripod mounted dish for longer RV park stays. For short stays, I hang a half full 5-gallon pail of water on it. The dog tie anchor setup has survived 60+ MPH winds with no loss of signal, and the water pail has survived 40+ MPH gusts. In 12 years of use, we've never had a "blow over"...

Reactions: mr_rye89 and FTA4PA
Yep, ~15 minutes is typical for me as well, setting up and dialing in three Dish satellites. My tripod is a standard roof mount that's been modified for easier use and has been modified with leveling feet. It looks like we had similar wingnut ideas.

Reactions: Titanium
My Slimline hackjob dish is still on a tripod, I'm using some cinder blocks leaned on the legs to keep it from tipping in the wind lol. Been meaning to take it camping.......

Reactions: FTA4PA
My Slimline hackjob dish is still on a tripod, I'm using some cinder blocks leaned on the legs to keep it from tipping in the wind lol. Been meaning to take it camping.......
Heh! The "permanent" Dish 1000.4 at our family cottage is on a tripod that's tied down to a couple of cement blocks with poly rope. Somehow I've never gotten the needed "roundtoit" to put in a pole since 2010.