Orby frustration please help!

Hi there (invaluable) good folks whom saved us from returning our Orby Eq!
Just to lyk, no probs with our Orby TV, plenty of stations, with crisp clear picture, and he even tackled setting up the second receiver for our Bedroom TV and everything works great!
Ha ha, of course, a storm came along yesterday and knocked the dish over, (we both shuddered, lol) bc we have it on a portable tripod for travel purposes, he set it back up, moved the tripod, a little and bingo right on again. Yep, great learning lesson, and it feels good to know that when we are able to travel again, we have the knowledge to get it set up wherever we are at.
And, the reciever scanned in our pre existing OTA, so we also get our scant few OTA stations too.
Again, thank you very much to everyone whom took the time to help us, have a great day!
Roadrunnr :)
Good to hear, not the storm part, but the rest! :)

I use two screw in the ground "dog ties" to anchor our tripod mounted dish for longer RV park stays. For short stays, I hang a half full 5-gallon pail of water on it. The dog tie anchor setup has survived 60+ MPH winds with no loss of signal, and the water pail has survived 40+ MPH gusts. In 12 years of use, we've never had a "blow over"...

lgpqT49l.jpg

Reactions: mr_rye89 and FTA4PA
Yep, ~15 minutes is typical for me as well, setting up and dialing in three Dish satellites. My tripod is a standard roof mount that's been modified for easier use and has been modified with leveling feet. It looks like we had similar wingnut ideas. :)

2018-01-26 13.34.47.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
My Slimline hackjob dish is still on a tripod, I'm using some cinder blocks leaned on the legs to keep it from tipping in the wind lol. Been meaning to take it camping.......

Reactions: FTA4PA
My Slimline hackjob dish is still on a tripod, I'm using some cinder blocks leaned on the legs to keep it from tipping in the wind lol. Been meaning to take it camping.......
Heh! The "permanent" Dish 1000.4 at our family cottage is on a tripod that's tied down to a couple of cement blocks with poly rope. Somehow I've never gotten the needed "roundtoit" to put in a pole since 2010. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts