Ordered a Chroma 5 and Calman Home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
NOOOOO :haha

It's amazing how much fun it is owning the thing. I was sold on calibrations (was skeptical the first time), but when you have to do it yourself, you really learn whats going on, what you are changing, and why. Difference between changing the oil and rebuilding the engine. Also nice having the power to calibrate a tv whenever you want.

Best toy I have bought in a long time.

Well, did one more run on the Regza. I did not like the lower 2.2 Gamma and wanted more of the 2.35 range. I also read that lowering Contrast could allow for a smoother curve. I decided to take Contrast down from 90 to 85, then bumped the Backlight from 40 to 44 to hold the 41.5 fL range, which is plenty of light for me.

I got a smoother curve, my Grayscale scatter is better, and the color temp tracking is better too. Will leave this alone, and check in 3 months. (0227 is newest calibration)

Attachments

• Regza - Post Calibration.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 120
  • Regza 0227.pdf
    100.5 KB · Views: 137
Just did the Insignia, and the tv really does not look bad. Pretty good 120hz 42" for $699.

Since I could not get into the SM, I was stuck with grayscale the way it was, but I set light output, gamma, color and tint with the meter the best I could, as well as brightness and contrast. Best gamma I could get was 2.14, which is a tad low, but it is what it is.

Used Warm for color temp, and it still only yielded about 7500, but its better than normal or cool for sure.

Attachments

• Dads Insignia.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 146
Latest charts from tv; re-calibrated with new BD85

Attachments

• Regza 3-11 1.pdf
    101 KB · Views: 142
  • Regza 3-11 2.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Regza 3-11 3.pdf
    60.3 KB · Views: 137

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts