Ordered a Chroma 5 and Calman Home

I thought Gregg was calibrating your tv the other day. Did he get snowed in?

Cool. Good luck.

I am interested in the Spyder3hdmi.
It was shown at this years CES but has not hit the market yet.

Man, Calman is a pretty nice program. You can choose beginner or intermediate, have the AVSHD 709 DVD ready, and it points you into what to do next. Cool!

Here are the first results. I sat in front of the tv from 10pm, to 5am getting calman, the proper way to adjust, and other things straight.

Gonna go back in tonight and experiment, because I changed static gamma to -2 for this run, but -3 is prob better.

Can't wait to mess with friends and family's tv's!

Also calibrated with LD on, but it requires fill window patterns, and the AVS 709 disc makes it easy.

Attachments

• Regza 2-12-10.pdf
    101.2 KB · Views: 182
So did you do a before and after? How bad did you screw up what Greg did? :D

Here is the report from my Pioneer 6020 last Summer when DNice (from AVS Forms) calibrated for me.

Attachments

• Pioneer PDP-6020FD Post Calibration Forum Report (Movie).pdf
    197.1 KB · Views: 142
Hehe. It's amazing how accurate those PIO's can get.

I noted his settings so i can always go back. Im still experimenting/learning, but its fun.

I'm fixing to tape my windows and get back to it. Think I have all the tech questions answered this am that I need, and a little better understanding.

I'm gonna do a baseline, with the best user settings/dve we came up with, then with the SM settings from another guy (so we can prove they do or dont transfer well as compared to stock settings), and then I'll see what the best I can get out of it is. Figure its a good 5 hours of work.

I am walking dead right now, will sleep good tonight! Its just damn addicting :D

Was totally kidding with you about messing it up ;)

I know how much fun this stuff is. Glad you are having a blast!

Well, In the past 21 hours, I've slept about 5 and the meter has been on 14 :D

Here's the results, took a lot of reading and thinking and working. The color decoder in this Regza sucks when you are trying to fine tune grayscale. You generally set to 80% field, then 20%, and hope the rest fall in place. Well, this one wasnt so easy, but I did get them under delta E 3, so thats good. Gamma is 2.25, and 41 footlamberts of light with a 100% white window.

Here is the before and after, and as you can see, the tv was real cool in color temp and the people looked like purple oompa loompa's. Before is what most would do, with DVE and Spears/Munsil blurays.

Attachments

• Regza - User Menu Only.pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Regza - Post Calibration.pdf
    101.5 KB · Views: 166
Was totally kidding with you about messing it up ;)

I know how much fun this stuff is. Glad you are having a blast!

Shoot, Im a zombie right now, and have one helluva headache. Prob from sitting in the dark like a troll and staring at Full field gray patterns for hours :D

For someone thats seen 3 calibrations by a professional, it aint as easy as it looks.

Did father in laws 2006 Sammy Plasma over the weekend. PITA!

32" Panny LCD in bedroom is next.

Attachments

• Samsung Precal.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Samsung Post.pdf
    106.5 KB · Views: 182
It's gonna be fun, bit I respect you guys even more now, because each model is different and presents it own battles.

It'll be fun for around the house. I can't make it this time, going on a cruise next month. If I end up feeling like the next step, I just may come to one for the fun of it.

It's gonna be fun, bit I respect you guys even more now, because each model is different and presents it own battles.

It'll be fun for around the house. I can't make it this time, going on a cruise next month. If I end up feeling like the next step, I just may come to one for the fun of it.

I have a new projector that you can have all the fun you want.:D

OK. Just finished my bedroom tv, Panasonic 32" 720p LCD (TC-L32C12).

Found the gamma to be a good 2.34 in Standard mode, so i went with that. Before and after, with fL's of 44.

Kinda depressed now, do not have anymore tv's to do :(

Gonna redo the regza. I went with a Gamma of 2.20 (lighter), but i prefer the 2.30-2.35 better. Boss is interested in me doing his 55" new Vizio LED.

Attachments

• Panasonic PreCal.pdf
    102 KB · Views: 207
  • Panasonic PostCal.pdf
    99.1 KB · Views: 247

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)