Ordered a Dish and LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

motorcycle_rider

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 8, 2004
Northeast Michigan
Well I ordered my dish and LNB last night. Its not anything special but I like to pace myselft. I will end up paying more in the long run but I feel it will allow me to learn more in the process.

So soon I will be searching for a little more than Nasa and radio:cool:

I ordered a 75cm Offset Dish with a Universal LNB. It was on the cheap side in my opinion on fleabay. With my wife and my personality I need to take small steps and see a little before I order more.

Yeah just scanning with my old E* equipment and seeing what it will pull in and won't has givin me the bug to do more.

welcome to the club

A lot of us started with a single dish aimed at something. I started the same way you did..receiver and a 18" dish for radio/NASA. Added a 30" dish a month later

iafirebuff said:
WARNING! I started this spring, after debating for several months. Now I want MORE! Sorry, just needed to warn you :)

Eheh I understand that. I have been eyeballin my neibors C-band dish that he does not use. He has better LOS for where it is set up so just run me a 150 ft line get a actual reciever :eureka . I will probably end up talking to him in the future but I am not to that point yet.

A few trees are getting removed in the spring.... Not because of FTA because on has the trunk rotting and the other is starting to mess with foundation..... and I should have full arc then.

I wish I could get the full arc! The people that owned my house before I did were the origial owners. They planted Blue Spruce trees, in an East-West row, on the south side of the property, in 1968! I think the FAA would have a problem witih me if I put a pole / tower up that would be high enough to get over those bad boys!

On the upside, I can get SBS6-G10R, so I have plenty of fun things to look at and look for.

Enjoy the hobby and take your time. There's plenty of time to spend every extra penny you have on the next setup you want to configure:)

Cheers,
Hantu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)