Ordered a Vudu box from Bestbuy

Elway,

Since I am probably about to get banned over at AVSforum (I see my last 4 posts have been deleted in the vudu forums). If vudupatrick ever responds, can you please post any pertinent info here.

Sorry to hear that. I've had some posts mysteriously disappear criticizing Fox for not issuing a proper replacement for Die Hard 2. No ban or warning though.

S~

Got my official warning today:

SatinKzo, please refrain from asking direct questions about the Vudu box in our forums. We are not a Vudu support site.
Also please refrain from attacking fellow users, further infractions will result is temporary or permanant denied access to this site.

Of course, I get told in the public thread by one of the mods there to just go ask all my vudu questions on the vudu site and when I replied to it, even the mods post was deleted.

As for attacking another user, well, I didn't attack him, but I did clarify my position on some things and cleared up any assumptions he migh have had about me. :)

Thats Bullsh!t. If the support statement were true, every question we ask in owners threads is invalid.

Sounds like there is a hidden reason to their anti Vudu actions. Apple fanboys? We saw the same pro Toshiba crap back in the HDDVD days.

yeah, i wondering if that is why Vudupatrick is not responding any longer.
Ah no biggie really, not worth the hassle of dealing with some of the mods there. Still I am curious who deleted the Mods message, maybe he thought better of what he wrote and deleted it himself.

I wish there was some transparency there like here when you can see the placeholder for the deleted message and who deleted it.

Just checked my Vudu after the latest database updates and they kept their promise of 1000+ HD titles by year end. As of today my Vudu shows a total of 11,602 titles, with 1151 being available in HD (many also in HDX). I think that puts Vudu ahead of Blu-Ray for total HD releases, and the HD catalog has been growing by over 100 titles per week lately. We could have over 2,000 HD Titles on Vudu soon. All with instant viewing, if you have 4MB internet service.

AVS Forum - View Single Post - Master Vudu discussion - place to talk about your Vudu experience

Vudu is gonna have some HD and HDX titles for buy on black Friday around $4.99. Hopefully this means we are getting closer to ext hdd support.

HDX titles are Riddick, Pitch Black and Unleashed. Im gonna buy Riddick and Unleashed.

Starting to see a consistency I dont like. The blacks on darker movies (just watched the Strangers) are unimpressive to me. In the darker movies it almost feels like you have black level turned to dark on your tv or player and have crushed blacks. This might be a deal breaker for me.

If I had never owned a BD30, it prob wouldnt matter, but when I read bluray reviews of movies like this and they state "great shadow detail", it bugs me a bit. I guess, even with 8-9gigs, there is still enough compression to damage the blacks.

Ive noticed some black issues on other HDX stuff, just not deep and inky with detail as Ive seen on BR's. Gonna give the Vudu box to my Dad, he'll be happy as crap.

Well,

I'm heading back to Blu-ray primarily so I figured Id give my final thoughts.

HDX - Its a great format, and would actually be fine for most. I've been a BR owner since Mar 07, and been listening to the HD audio for about 4 mo's or so. With that time in BR, HDX just doesn't cut it for me, especially with the shadow detail/black issues Ive seen.

Dont get me wrong, the blacks are good, just not great, and after spending the money I have on my tv, I'm pretty picky.

The HD and SD formats of Vudu have great PQ for what they are, and Vudu continues to add titles which is even better. I think as HSI increases, and they can bump up to a higher encode, VOD will be a player, but Im not convinced at this point.

My verdict:

If you are not spoiled by what BR offers, Vudu is great for any movie buff, and the 30 day wait on new releases is not a big deal. If you are spoiled by BR and have no problem with a $300 box sitting around for emergencies, go for it.

I have not quite made my mind up, but I think my new BD35 will be the only unit in my house and Im going back to being spoiled by Blu-ray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts