Ordered a Vudu box from Bestbuy

Thanks for more the info on the HD as my projector is only 1080I.I have been pretty content with the HD on FXHD And HBO.I was thinking of getting rid of the premiums on D*and just renting what I want on the VUDU. I have not made a decision but this review is helping

Do the 99 for .99 include the HD version for that price?
How is the SD versions PQ?
Are there any free to watch?
How is the sound? (sometimes more important)
I did download the bucket list on the CE 1080P and looked great on my projector(1080I).
I'm very close to getting one especially for $299.00 with the $200.00 credit.Also if I don't use it for a few months it doesn't cost anything like premium channels.Right now new episodes of t.v shows and football keep me occupied so I don't watch many movies on the premiums which cost monthly whether I use them or not.

Havent looked into the 99 for .99. I think the .99 are SD.

Have not watched an SD. Most say its better than DVD quality, but only slightly.

Sound on HD is about like Directv HD VOD. The HDX, which is the 640kbps 5.1 is pretty good. In Rambo the voices were plenty loud and the bass was good.

I like the fact that it only costs me when I use it.

Sweet. Like I said, during activation, you open an account and add a $20 credit. Once its on, you'll see $220. I have the 2mbps download and HDX is 7hrs 35mins, so if you can get 4 itll be much better.

I broke down and ordered the Vudu wireless adapters at the recommendation of someone else. If Im going to download the HDX movies, the powerline adapters are going to kill me (took 20 hours to download CETK and Riddick).

Should be able to get 4mpbs with the wireless adapters and cut it in half. This also works because I can hook the HR20 back up to the powerline.

Ok, just tried out the online ordering.

Logged into my Vudu account on the website, picked the Happening SD(just because Ive just seen it on bluray) and purchased it.

I then turned on the Vudu box and it already showed up in My Rentals. Even at 2mbps down, SD stuff is instant watch. Great thing about the online ordering is that you can pick a HD or HDX movie while at work or , for me, while out of town and itll be downloaded and waiting on you when you get home.

Just for kicks, I played the SD version of The Happening to see what the PQ was like. Id rank it slightly above DVD, not quite as sharp as a PS3 or BD30 upconversion, but about like my $90 Sony upconvert did 2 years ago. Definitely not bad for a movie in a pinch since its instant watch.

Heres my wireless speed:

Heres my powerline speed

(With same pc)

Powerline is definitely killing me. Should have 4mbps down no prob with the Vudu wireless adapters.

That's good to hear about the Sd content because there are a few movies I would like to see that are only SD.I can live with DVD quality.
I think those power line adapters work in a pinch but a true wireless adapter works a lot better. I have all my Equipment in one central location in the cellar so everything is wired.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I am really looking at getting one but I want to play a bit and buy it at a local best buy to avoid shipping fees. Guys at my BB said they have been told the last 4 weeks they will be getting some in, but no idea when.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts