Ordering PPV College Football on DirecTV

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
This weekend's Idaho at Texas A&M football game will be PPV. I used to order these things through my remote, but I don't have a land line in my receivers any more. I assumed that I could easily order it on directv.com. I see where I can order boxing, WWE, MMA, and UFC. No football though. I don't want to have to pay a service charge to order it on the phone. Do any of you know if/how I can order PPV college football on their website?

Thanks!

wait til closer to the end of the week. I'm sure the info on how to order will be on the Directv site or even the A&M site

edit: the A&M site has the info (call your satco) but no channel yet. I know once the channel is populated you may have ordering info there

Go to their website..."My Account" then "Order Events."

I dont think you can order football games like that. In the past you couldnt.

He most likely will have to call if he isnt connected to the net. They will waive the service charge though, just ask.

I've always ordered through the remote. That still goes through the phone line?

Phone line or internet connection.
A couple of years ago I always had to call in to order PPV college games since I didnt have a phone line connected, and didnt have any of my boxes networked. They would always waive that first service fee without a hassle. Sometimes I had to push for the next one.

Now, since I am all networked, I just use the remote.

If it's not on directv.com by Friday, I will call. The game is being produced in HD. Has DirecTV been carrying PPV football in HD? It's been probably six or seven years since I've ordered one.

If it's not on directv.com by Friday, I will call. The game is being produced in HD. Has DirecTV been carrying PPV football in HD? It's been probably six or seven years since I've ordered one.

They didnt as of a couple of years ago, but then again, the ones I ordered may not have been in HD anyway. I wouldnt count on it.

But will it be shown in HD on Directv?
It may be available to them that way, but that doesnt mean that is how they will put it out to the customers.

Tickets are $50 each, the seven mile drive to campus would take at least an hour, and God only knows where I would park. $40 is a bargain. I am just hoping that DirecTV carries the HD feed.

Seven miles from the game and you are considering PPV? And you guys want to join the SEC???????:D

Seriously, after driving 144 miles from my house to Tuscaloosa and getting there early, you may walk 7 miles just from your car to the stadium (exaggeration, but only slightly)

Seven miles from the game and you are considering PPV? And you guys want to join the SEC???????
biggrin.gif

Seriously, after driving 144 miles from my house to Tuscaloosa and getting there early, you may walk 7 miles just from your car to the stadium (exaggeration, but only slightly)
I've got a three year old son. I don't think that he would do well in close proximity to 85k people.

I've got a three year old son. I don't think that he would do well in close proximity to 85k people.

Yeah, I am with you there. I have only made it to one game since our three year old daughter was born. Another year or so and I will take her.

Tickets are $50 each, the seven mile drive to campus would take at least an hour, and God only knows where I would park. $40 is a bargain. I am just hoping that DirecTV carries the HD feed.

I wouldn't do either, There are some Pitt games not on TV so I do without and watch the news later for high lights or if they lose, which they do a lot, I just wont watch.

If by "people" you mean standing, screaming, nut-jobs who all sway in unison singing "Go Tell Aunt Rhody" or some crap like that, then yes, your son would probably freak out in close proximity to one, much less 85 thousand. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)