Edision OS MIO 4K vs 4K+ Comparisons from Hands On Users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

arlo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
North Eastern
As the title says. It's been a few months now that the 4K+ has been out. Any folks out there with both models who could share their experience using them?
I've had my 4K for some time now. It's so stable that I haven't even found a need to flash an image in a long time.
What interests me is the additional LNB port. Is it usable at all for C Band? I have a Titanium C2-W.
Currently using a chinabox for the upstairs TV.

The second LNB port as I mentioned. What are any pluses of having it and what are some of the minuses from using it, if you do?
Also is the OTA port usable at all?
Image support? Yeah, I know. TNAP. But is anyone using other images on it?

I'm ready for a new receiver to replace the Linkbox. I need to listen to the music channels and have great video. How does the 4K+ do with those?

Also on a side note. My C2-W has a weak port. At least a dB and a half weaker than the one the 4K is hooked up to.
What happened to the C2-W? I don't have any chance of terrestrial interference where I live. As far as I know.

Thanks Guys!

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Thinking of getting a mio4k+ too. Just to test the capabilities of tuner 2. I know it was stated only as s2. I'm wondering how low of symbol rate it does. Just 1000sr?

I thought I would reply regarding the tuner "B" in the Mio +. When I originally set it up I had hooked up to the B tuner. Never changed it so I don't know if A is any different than B spec-wise. I now am using "A" hooked to a 1.2m parked on 125W. Auto switching between tuners is very fast.
The "B" tuner is hooked to a Zinwell 4x4 switch(22K) so I can chose between C (7 1/2 footer) and KU (90cm+ motor) and send signals to extra receivers. Here is where I found a HUGE plus using the Mio. I have 3 receivers now connected to the Zinwell 4x4 and can now change satellites using the Open Webif on my phone sitting in front of any of the 2 tv's with Amiko's:cool: NICE

So I guess what i'm getting at in a 'round about way is I don't see a difference between my ol' Amiko and the "B" tuner. If anyone finds that the "A" tuner is better I would be interested so I can switch things around.

Oh and I now have added a 950Q usb tuner. So nice!

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA and arlo
I thought I would reply regarding the tuner "B" in the Mio +. When I originally set it up I had hooked up to the B tuner. Never changed it so I don't know if A is any different than B spec-wise. I now am using "A" hooked to a 1.2m parked on 125W. Auto switching between tuners is very fast.
The "B" tuner is hooked to a Zinwell 4x4 switch(22K) so I can chose between C (7 1/2 footer) and KU (90cm+ motor) and send signals to extra receivers. Here is where I found a HUGE plus using the Mio. I have 3 receivers now connected to the Zinwell 4x4 and can now change satellites using the Open Webif on my phone sitting in front of any of the 2 tv's with Amiko's:cool: NICE

So I guess what i'm getting at in a 'round about way is I don't see a difference between my ol' Amiko and the "B" tuner. If anyone finds that the "A" tuner is better I would be interested so I can switch things around.

Oh and I now have added a 950Q usb tuner. So nice!
Awesome info Lee. I know Brian is an experimenter and has a ton of sat equipment. I have my share too.
One thing I liked of my Zgemma H7.AC was the ability to watch one channel and record another.
That's about the only thing I like about it after getting my Mio 4K from Titanium.
I figured since if I got a Mio + it would be good to see how many other people out there having one for a time gave theirs the stress test.
When I initially spoke with Brian when he started offering the 4K + he was kind of ...meh...about the advantages over the Mio because it was just too new to give a complete list of hails about it. And that was cool. Honesty and support after the sale is important. Which is why Tek lost me as a customer after getting the H7.
Anyway guys. Keep it coming. Even the VU+ guys across the pond can't tell how they will work over here for obvious reasons.
But the pluggable tuner option of them is just too cool.

Reactions: Lee60
Thanks for the kind words Arlo. I bought my Mio+ in mid May. It's been powered on pretty much since. I can remember I had to reboot once or twice. Can't remember why. I've only used TNAP 3.2(preloaded). It works so I'm not inclined to load any other images presently. One day I'll need to teach myself how to use a editor of some type. Maybe to change some pids for music channels.
I've messed things up on occasion and restored using BackupSuite. Fortunately I know my limitations and do backups ;)

Overall I really like this Mio+ and the extra tuner. I will admit it has a steep learning curve (for me anyway) but glad I stuck it out.

Reactions: arlo
Thanks for the kind words Arlo. I bought my Mio+ in mid May. It's been powered on pretty much since. I can remember I had to reboot once or twice. Can't remember why. I've only used TNAP 3.2(preloaded). It works so I'm not inclined to load any other images presently. One day I'll need to teach myself how to use a editor of some type. Maybe to change some pids for music channels.
I've messed things up on occasion and restored using BackupSuite. Fortunately I know my limitations and do backups ;)

Overall I really like this Mio+ and the extra tuner. I will admit it has a steep learning curve (for me anyway) but glad I stuck it out.
I can help with a channel editor. I've also spent some time setting up a pretty good picons file. I also have a lamedb file with proper channel naming.
All in all that part has a bit of a learning curve. Especially when channels come in as 3740 V 30000. Or like the NASA channels on 127W. I do no channels edits in the webif. Saves a ton on the remote buttons. I don't really know if the files I have are compatible with TNAP since they're setup for openatv 6.2.
Hey, Thank YOU!

Reactions: Lee60
Also. Wouldn't 2 tuners bring up PIP capability?
Also as a side thought, VLC is usually needed to watch 4:2:2 through these receivers. VLC right on the box. Wouldn't that let you more directly watch those broadcasts if a fork for Enigma 2 receivers was developed? Or some way to transcode them to display?

Arlo, yes you can do PIP. Hope I can write this correctly. Here goes. Say your watching LPB. Hit the left button and highlight LPB. Then push the menu button. You will see "play as PIP". Now you can tune in to a channel on the other tuner(also OTA on a USB tuner). The only way I have found to switch back to LPB is with the "previous" button" at the bottom left on the remote.
If anyone has another way I to switch between pictures I would be interested.

As for 4:2:2 I haven't a clue :cool:

Have a great week!
Lee

Reactions: c-spand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)