OSD on Denon receiver not showing up after last directv update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, it is, apparently this update does NOT include the HDMI fix. Current beta release is 0x5D0 and does include HDMI fixes, so it looks like you need to wait for a release numbered higher than that

I have the Denon AVR-2313CI and the HR24, still no issue for me with the OSD.

I have the Denon AVR-2313CI and the HR24, still no issue for me with the OSD.
I think your 2313 is the newest model. I have the 1712, the one year old model.

I wonder if it's your HR24, or your slightly newer Denon that has the vaccine to this bug?

Anyone with an HR24 and Denon receiver care to chime in? Does the HR24 have the same software as the HR22? Does the HR24 have better HDMI technology?

The DVRs have the same basic software, but there are variations because the DVRs are made by different companies and often use different HDMI chipsets. Different A/V receivers even those made by the same company often also use different firmware and HDMI chipsets.

I too am having problems with my Denon, an AVR-5803 and my DVR, an H22-100. I use HDMI for all inputs. I get the volume bar sometimes and sometimes not. I have found that if you switch the Denon to menu(don't have to do anything, just switch it on) and then turn it off, the volume appears. Then if you switch to another channel, it goes away. Repeat again, it appears. I too have called Denon, and was told that it's not the Denon. It's amazing that so many people have called and Denon is not aware of it, or they choose to not be. In any event, I believe it's not the Denon at all, but the DVR, and it appears to be only on this input.

I am one of those who setting the DVR to native off with only 1080i seems to work.

Sorrry it's not useful, just another one whose having problems. I wonder how many there are?

Got a new update last night at 2:00 am. It seems Directv HAS FIXED the problem...knock on wood. Let's hope it stays in place for all future updates...cheers.

oldford said:
Hoping they get around to sending me the new version soon.

You can force a download. Do a RBR when the screen comes on push 0,2,4,6,8 in that order on the remote. This will force the receiver to download.

You can force a download. Do a RBR when the screen comes on push 0,2,4,6,8 in that order on the remote. This will force the receiver to download.

Thanks, Hutch1814. Doesn't look like the new version is not currently in the data stream. My receiver can't find it and the "Firmware Monitor" page doesn't show it active. Not sure if that's a reliable source or not though...

I'll remain waiting!

oldford said:
Thanks, Hutch1814. Doesn't look like the new version is not currently in the data stream. My receiver can't find it and the "Firmware Monitor" page doesn't show it active. Not sure if that's a reliable source or not though...

I'll remain waiting!

If it was it's a NR then it should be there all the time excluding CE times. Or your receiver may not have the update out for it just yet

AFAIK, that update is still in the CE process, so I imagine the Denon/Marantz issues are still there for anyone on the National Release.

Three of the four systems in our house are powered by Denon, I don't use the 'Volume On Screen' feature, two of the main reasons are, I don't rely on the Volume Gauge to tell me how loud it is, I use my ear, the number one reason for not having it displayed-->MY WIFE I found with the display activated, my Wife will say those dreaded words, when she sees the display going up, :director:"Turn That DOWN" without the display activated, I can sneak in a few decimal's at a time with out her noticing.

LQQK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts