OTA 722 Tuner Issue

hedbert

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Apple Valley, MN
I recently had my 722 replaced by DISH. When I got it back I decided to get an OTA antenna. I searched here and found out how to put it in my attic and get the signal down to my home theater.

So I hooked it up to my TV and did a scan I found around 18 total channels. The issue comes into play when I hook it up to my 722, I get 2 channels.

Is the OTA tuner just that weak or did I do something wrong or something else?

Thank you for your assistance.

I recently had my 722 replaced by DISH. When I got it back I decided to get an OTA antenna. I searched here and found out how to put it in my attic and get the signal down to my home theater.

So I hooked it up to my TV and did a scan I found around 18 total channels. The issue comes into play when I hook it up to my 722, I get 2 channels.

Is the OTA tuner just that weak or did I do something wrong or something else?

Thank you for your assistance.
Press Menu, 6, 8...Analog Type should be Offair, not Cable. Rescan. Also, double-check that you have the antenna cable connected to Over The Air Antenna In...furthest connection to the left (rear view). Some accidentally connect it to Remote Antenna in.

Press Menu, 6, 8...Analog Type should be Offair, not Cable. Rescan. Also, double-check that you have the antenna cable connected to Over The Air Antenna In...furthest connection to the left (rear view). Some accidentally connect it to Remote Antenna in.

I know it is connected to the proper port, but I will check the other setting when I get home tonight. Thank you for your help!

KAB is right. Dish set the default, for some reason, for the OTA tuner to Cable and not OffAir. Strange that it's an Off The Air (OTA) designated tuner.

Change that and you should see all your channels.

This fixed it!!! Thank you guys!! But I still was not getting ALL of them even on my tv's tuner. So I went to Best Buy. The sales man there said get this one. The most expensive one they had. So I did. DUMB!!! It was a UHF ONLY antenna. I did not get 2 of the channels here that are VHF. So I returned that antenna. Went to Radio Shack and made sure it was VHF and UHF and bought the the MASSIVE long range antenna 105in I think. I was not gonna mess around anymore if I was going to install this in the attic. This thing is MASSIVE!! I put it together in the attic and connected it up. I am now getting like 30 OTA channels. This antenna is SO OVERKILL but I was done messing around. So just be careful to watch for UHF/VHF antennas. Again thank you for the help!!!!

Glad you got it fixed.

I put one in my Attic A Channel Master. Luckily most of the stations are in the same general direction. I get something like 40 OTA channels though 5 are Spanish so I just delete them out.

Still when the Hard rain comes I still get my OTA. I went to AntennaWeb to see the best place to position my antenna, it really improved my reception my moving my Antenna just a few degrees west.

Good luck....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)