OTA Adapter

Thank you, then two different Dish installers just didn't want to mess with it, he is an Orby convert. Dish told him he could get OTA when he put in the order, they said the OTA adapter would be included.
Now that would be different. The OTA adapter is a sales item and not usually given away by DISH. He could go back to DISH and ask them to send him an adapter if they have that conversation recorded. Of course an antenna is also required with the adapter.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Now that would be different. The OTA adapter is a sales item and not usually given away by DISH. He could go back to DISH and ask them to send him an adapter if they have that conversation recorded. Of course an antenna is also required with the adapter.
He has an antenna, just needs the adapter that they told him he should have.

He has an antenna, just needs the adapter that they told him he should have.
The adapter is included with the dish/orby deal...Dish has its own halfas* way of determining if you receive locals by OTA so it's possible they determined that his location wouldn't pickup locals therefore not giving him the adapter

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The adapter is included with the dish/orby deal...Dish has its own halfas* way of determining if you receive locals by OTA so it's possible they determined that his location wouldn't pickup locals therefore not giving him the adapter

Thank you, he can receive locals with an antenna I have confirmed that, so dish makes the call on it then? Whatever the situation is.

Back in November I read on this site that 2 of my locals could be lost to a contract dispute, so I called Dish about getting the Dish 2 tuner adapter. As I remember, they would not sell me the adapter, but for $150 they could come to my house and install the adapter. I explained that I already have an outdoor antenna with a connection available at my Dish receiver and was capable of installing it myself, but they still won't sell just the adapter to me. I bought the AirTV Dual Tuner Adapter which works fine and was reasonably priced. It runs warm, not hot.

There was a dispute which has ended. I'm still using the adapter to record some programs from the local CBS station because OTA looks better than satellite locals.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thank you, he can receive locals with an antenna I have confirmed that, so dish makes the call on it then? Whatever the situation is.
I would call tech support and tell them that the installer didn't install the adapter and it's suppose to be included in the install..It clearly stated in the promo that the OTA adapter is included.. even if you get them to send one out it's very easy to install

Back in November I read on this site that 2 of my locals could be lost to a contract dispute, so I called Dish about getting the Dish 2 tuner adapter. As I remember, they would not sell me the adapter, but for $150 they could come to my house and install the adapter. I explained that I already have an outdoor antenna with a connection available at my Dish receiver and was capable of installing it myself, but they still won't sell just the adapter to me. I bought the AirTV Dual Tuner Adapter which works fine and was reasonably priced. It runs warm, not hot.

There was a dispute which has ended. I'm still using the adapter to record some programs from the local CBS station because OTA looks better than satellite locals.
Go look on the Walmart site. Make sure you select the right one.

If you buy a dual channel OTA adapter other than the one from AirTv, be sure it has the USB cable built in and not detachable. The one with the detachable USB cable is the one that severely overheats - avoid it at all costs!

This is weird, I've tried on my PC (with/without VPN), tablet, phone and none work...
I am guessing that all go through your ISP. Is it blocking domain name resolution for a potential competitor? (I hope that's illegal.) Can you switch DNS to 8.8.8.8 and see if it works then?

For the record, I can see the page fine as well.

Too weird, I was using the hotspot on my AT&T prepaid phone and it wouldn't work...
I switched to my AT&T postpaid Mobley hotspot and works fine...
TheKrell I will try switching DNS later and see if that works.
Thank you guys for the replies.

Too weird, I was using the hotspot on my AT&T prepaid phone and it wouldn't work...
I switched to my AT&T postpaid Mobley hotspot and works fine...
TheKrell I will try switching DNS later and see if that works.
Thank you guys for the replies.
I can get on the webpage fine currently using t-mobile on a Motorola phone but when I go to the bottom of the products page where the accessories are and try to add anything to my cart it just takes me back to the top of the products page.. won't add anything in accessories to the cart but will let me add products like a Airtv tuner

I struggled to order that tuner from the same web site. The part wouldn't go to cart!. I used Chromebook. This was in the fall. Tried several days with no luck. And ,all of a sudden I managed to order with the same Chromebook laptop. Keep trying. it feels warm when you touch it. I get the same warmth from one Joey 2. no problems so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)