OTA and Guide Info

toekneeh

Jan 6, 2007
Okay, I am stuck in a market where one of my locals is not available (Portland Market, ABC affilliate KATU).

I purchased an OTA antenna and it picks up Katu really well. The problem is the Guide data for the channel picks up the blocked out information that Dish has explaining the channel is not available and to call for questions. I do pay for the locals, so guide info should show up.

The thing that sucks is I know the guide information is there somewhere, because if I setup a dish pass to record shows on the channel, such as "Scrubs" on any day, that specific OTA channel, it shows me which episodes will be recorded.

Is there a way to get the guide to display correctly? I called dish and they were absolutely no help.

This really pisses me off, because they are now withholding the guide information to punish me. You can't tell me it's for any other reason than to get me to pressure the local affiliate. The data is there, if they really felt bad about the failure to negotiate with the provider, they could at least give me the guide data, I'm paying for it...

This may be just enough to get me to move to DirectTV after almost 8 years...

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Unfortunately, since the channel is not available on Dish in HD, the SD guide is what they are using to populate the OTA. The same one the SD subs are seeing which apparently is altered because of the contract dispute. Not much you can do about that.

m1cross

Nov 10, 2007
go to the guide and advance ahead about 3 days, then you will see the program info.... which helps setting up future timers, but not much help when you want to see what's on abc right at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)