OTA and the Guide

MitGSX97

Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Last week I installed an antenna to pick up the one local network that now is in high def (the other 3 are digital only, no high def)

The other OTA locals show up in the guide correctly, but the one that is in high def just says "Digital Signal." Obviously, setting timers is a pain since you have to make a manual one, and if the show(s) change date\time you miss it unless you paying attention to things.

Who do I complain to, Dish, or the local station, or someone else?

Thanks!

MitGSX97

If the channel you get ota is not on Dish in SD you will not get program guide info.

I do get it in SD via Dish, and the guide shows up fine. It just doesn't show the guide via OTA like the other OTA channels that I get that Dish has via SD.

MitGSX97

Send an email to dishquality AT echostar DOT com.

I did when my local PBS station went digital and two days later the guide was corrected and I even received an email response letting me know...

That's not correct. I get guide information for several OTA digital subchannels, for which there is no satellite fed SD channel counterpart.

there are certain sub channels that dish has started adding to the EPG, you'll run across them in the uplink reports on occasion w/ channel #'s like 11342 (5 digits)...

That's not correct. I get guide information for several OTA digital subchannels, for which there is no satellite fed SD channel counterpart.

Thats what the Dish Techs told me when I first got my 811, I could get Rockford Dma (sometimes) via pointing the antenna north west, Dish told me Because Rockford was not in SD on Dish yet (it is now) that I would not be able to get guide info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)