OTA antenna question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is it possible for me to buy an meter to help me with this for less than $50? If so what meter am I looking for? Sorry I'm new to this.

Not to my knowledge. Off-air signal meters start somewhere around $400 as far as I know. It has been a while since I looked, though. However, if you have an off-air digital/HD tuner, then for less than $50 you can get a baby monitor. Place the monitor transmitter in front of the tv and turn the volume just loud enough for the monitor to pick it up. Then take the receiver up on the roof with you. Obviously, make sure the signal meter screen is on the tv.

Interesting, I have that antenna and mine works better when it is plugged in...
Usually you will find that everyone has an opinion and the best answer to your question is to find the one that works best through trial and error. this is because everybody lives in a different location and their access to local channels are usually different as far as line of sight and stuff like that...

With a little experimentation, I got my Zenith SS to pick up all of the network feeds. It's a great unit although it's out of stock at most of the online stores. I picked one up at my local Sears for $39.99, but hope to find one online so I can return the unit back to Sears, although, if I can't I will keeps as I think it's worth the $39.99.

Oskee I said:
With a little experimentation, I got my Zenith SS to pick up all of the network feeds. It's a great unit although it's out of stock at most of the online stores. I picked one up at my local Sears for $39.99, but hope to find one online so I can return the unit back to Sears, although, if I can't I will keeps as I think it's worth the $39.99.
I saw a phillips copy of the zenith at Wal-Mart for $25.00. :)

dturturro said:
If you've got sattelite you just need to diplex it into your existing wiring.
Looks good on paper. My Dish is on the ground and I know I do not want to use a roof top ant. there. Do you have any recommendations? I have tried several ant. already.

Volsfan said:
Looks good on paper. My Dish is on the ground and I know I do not want to use a roof top ant. there. Do you have any recommendations? I have tried several ant. already.

Do you have an attic?

To put it in the attic would require me wiring thru 3 floors and installing my attic which will hopfully someday be refinished.

As far as the winegard HD9095p, I do not want to put tihs on the ground (for visual resons). Although, if the price some half of what I paid for this Samsung product, I might try it.

I had beed using rabbit ears ($6.00) but they were not always reliable. If someone was walking around upstairs it would pixelate.

Just picking brains here to see if anyone has the every-so-much wanted fix that will be free (or low priced) and provide me with a reliable OTA HD sign.

Thanks for your input!

Question for Charper1

Does that mean you are a Texas longhorn fan?

Or, does G.W. Bush love us?

Or, is he at a KISS concert?

:D

Volsfan said:
To put it in the attic would require me wiring thru 3 floors and installing my attic which will hopfully someday be refinished.

As far as the winegard HD9095p, I do not want to put tihs on the ground (for visual resons). Although, if the price some half of what I paid for this Samsung product, I might try it.

I had beed using rabbit ears ($6.00) but they were not always reliable. If someone was walking around upstairs it would pixelate.

Just picking brains here to see if anyone has the every-so-much wanted fix that will be free (or low priced) and provide me with a reliable OTA HD sign.

Thanks for your input!

You've just got too many restrictions. Outdoor antenna is best. Inside the attic comes in 2nd. And the Silver Sensor is option 3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts