OTA Digital Signal Strength on the 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Oakenshld

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I posted this to the wrong forum. I have redone this on the Dish network Forum. I would delete this one, but I do not know how.

Sorry for the misplaced posting.

Has anyone else had this problem? When I tune into my OTA digital channels, sometimes I have to wait for 2 or 3 minutes of "Error - digital signal lost" until it locks in. The strange thing is is that it flucuates from 49% then jumps quickly to 90% for a second and then back down. After about 10 or more of these, it locks in @ 90% and stays there. I can watch then for hours on end with no problems at all. But if I change the channel to another station (wait again on that one) and then back to the program I just was watching (for an hour or more with no problems), I have to go through that whole signal loss drill again.

Is this a problem with antenna alignment, the 811 or a signal strength thing?

Thanks for all of the great info

Oakenshld said:
I posted this to the wrong forum. I have redone this on the Dish network Forum. I would delete this one, but I do not know how.

Sorry for the misplaced posting.

Has anyone else had this problem? When I tune into my OTA digital channels, sometimes I have to wait for 2 or 3 minutes of "Error - digital signal lost" until it locks in. The strange thing is is that it flucuates from 49% then jumps quickly to 90% for a second and then back down. After about 10 or more of these, it locks in @ 90% and stays there. I can watch then for hours on end with no problems at all. But if I change the channel to another station (wait again on that one) and then back to the program I just was watching (for an hour or more with no problems), I have to go through that whole signal loss drill again.

Is this a problem with antenna alignment, the 811 or a signal strength thing?

Thanks for all of the great info

I'm glad to hear from someone with the same exact problem I have.

I spoke 3 days ago with "advanced tech support" complaining because I couldn't get mine to lock anymore. She did say that she checked the database and that this particular problem hadn't been reported. It has now.

Anyway my 811, after numerous resets, and deleting and re-entering manually, my digital channel that I wanted, and letting it give me the "Error - digital signal lost" over and over (actually I went to the bathroom for a minute or so) and the channel started working again..

I hope they fix it soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)