OTA Diplexer question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DeanS

Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
I am new to this and am upgrading my existing setup to a 3LNB dish + Winegard Square Shooter 2000. Attached is the proposed connection diagram. I have three specific questions:

1) Do I need the second diplexer in front of the multiswitch or will the combined signal be passed by the multiswitch and only need to be broken out in front of the reciever?

2) The SS2000 requires power, but the user manual suggests it can use the DTV receivers' power. Do I need a "dual power passive" diplexer to accomplish this? If the answer to 1) above is that I need both diplexers, do BOTH need to be dual power passive?

3) Is there any problem with breaking out an FM signal to my Auido/Video Receiver as shown on the right hand side of the diagram?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

~Dean

Attachments

• Connection Diagram.jpg
    Connection Diagram.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 203
I have a 3-LNB and Winegard Sensar II. I had terrible luck with the diplexers. I removed both (one from behind the receiver and the other on the roof near the antenna) and ran a direct line from the antenna into the grounding stip and then to the TV. I went from basically no HD reception to good, although a couple channels are still a bit hit or miss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts