OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

Just noticed, despite being told the contrary by DIRT ealier in this thread, in Los Angeles market, full guide data has just been restored for THiS-TV on OTA KTLA 5.3

I have a customer on EA that we scanned in the OTA but they all display as "Digital Service." For WA customers all of our OTA locals display correctly. Is this because of the NLOS tag for 110?

I have a customer on EA that we scanned in the OTA but they all display as "Digital Service." For WA customers all of our OTA locals display correctly. Is this because of the NLOS tag for 110?

I don't know for sure, because I have both eastern arc and a side sat for 110 hooked into mine. But I get all the guide data that is available for my ota stations in my area.

Norfolk, VA (don't know DMA #)

15.01 WHRO displays correct info

15.02 WORL displays duplicate of 15.01 info (actual programming is correct, just the guide info is wrong)

15.03 displays correct info.

By the way, the channel guide at Zap2it (Tribune) is correct for these channels.

Reported this to Dish twice via online chat. Said it would be referred to engineering.

Also, like others here, would like to see the guide info for AntennaTV. It is available at Zap2it so we know Tribune can supply it to Dish if they would ad it to the guide.

user_online.gif
progress.gif

Norfolk, VA (don't know DMA #)

15.01 WHRO displays correct info

15.02 WORL displays duplicate of 15.01 info (actual programming is correct, just the guide info is wrong)

15.03 displays correct info.

By the way, the channel guide at Zap2it (Tribune) is correct for these channels.

Reported this to Dish twice via online chat. Said it would be referred to engineering.

Also, like others here, would like to see the guide info for AntennaTV. It is available at Zap2it so we know Tribune can supply it to Dish if they would ad it to the guide.

user_online.gif
progress.gif
Does anyone know a path to connect to the people who actually manage the database at Dish? In the example I have given for the PBS substations and antennaTV in Norfolk, Tribune clearly has the correct info on their online Zap2it guide. Since we believe Dish is getting their guide info from Tribune, either Tribune is mistakenly supplying Dish the wrong info or Dish has a bug in the way the info gets transfered into the EPG? There must be a small IT group that compiles this information at Dish but in all of the posts I have read here and at the other site no one seems to have ever made contact with a single person who seems to be actually in the group that maintains the guide. How can we get to one of these people? Any ideas?

The PBS station in Portland Or is listed on Dish network as having the same content on 10-1 and 10-2 O.T.A. The programing on 10-2 is different. This makes it impossible to record from 10-2 because of different timing and not knowing the content of 10-2. This has been the case for several months.

The PBS station in Portland Or is listed on Dish network as having the same content on 10-1 and 10-2 O.T.A. The programing on 10-2 is different. This makes it impossible to record from 10-2 because of different timing and not knowing the content of 10-2. This has been the case for several months.

Great Avatar! :)
Ghpr13:)

The workaround is to lookup the program info for 10-2 on Zap2it.com which is correct. Then set up a manual timer for the program you want on 10-2. It will have the wrong name because the dish guide is wrong, but you will get the program you want. Just remember that when you look for it in My Recordings, you have to remember the wrong name. In my case I record Inside Washington but it usually shows up as This Old House.

Notice how long it has been since a DIRT person has addressed this thread. I think the official response for "Duh.... I dunno" is no response.
More like, "I don't give a crap."
Actually, a DIRT member responded in the past couple of weeks and stated that going forward, Dish isn't "supporting" this feature, at least in regards to sub-channels.

But we've had at least TWO sub channels in the Los Angeles market that have suddenly re-appeared in the past week or so, not to mention some that never went away. It does seem to be a matter of getting the right person at Dish to plug in the right codes to make it work. In this particular instance we are dealing with a Tribune owned station. You think that might play a part in it?

I am giving up on DISH fixing this for my the OTA version of my CBS station. The sub-channels I can understand but I still don't understand why DISH hasn't fixed the guide for my OTA CBS station.

Hall said:
Actually, a DIRT member responded in the past couple of weeks and stated that going forward, Dish isn't "supporting" this feature, at least in regards to sub-channels.

Which doesn't apply in my case. There is no excuse for having the channel info from the wrong network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)