OTA EPG Info Incorrect or Displaying 'Digital Service'

Well, it's particularly annoying tonight since our Fox affiliate got shuffled to 22.2 and the Hopper 3 doesn't recognize it as anything other than Digital Service, TV-MA, and 200+ hours in length. Kinda hard to create a timer to record the OTA version of the 2016 World Series, especially since Dish was kind enough to fix the OTA recording issues just in time...

Dish has almost no interest in fixing that, and why would they? Where is the profit to be made. People that will leave over it is minimal and it's still OTA, which is not Dish delivered so you can't even get mad at them.
I would think that they would have an interest because it costs nothing to deliver a channel they don't currently pay a subscription to carry on their service offerings.

You are convinced that there is some logic to it all and that there isa solution that will allow us to get the data for more channels. these are not illogical beliefs but it just is not the case.

I had started a new thread to share the issues I'm encountering in the Palm Springs market (not knowing about this existing one), so linking it here in case anyone out there still cares about this support...as it would be difficult to reshare the issue and responses here.. http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/ota-grid-issues.364922/#post-3980024. I found that Calling Dish is futile as they have zero understanding on the issue and only offered to replace my OTA module (which is a ridiculous resolution). I was hoping that i could at least provide the station managers (some of who I know) with a process on submitting the information but never dreamed it would be this difficult.

You are convinced that there is some logic to it all and that there isa solution that will allow us to get the data for more channels. these are not illogical beliefs but it just is not the case.
Yes, I've come to see that.. Still, I had opened a ticket to their "engineering team" (before coming to this forum) to look into it and I will be curious if I ever get a response. It's interesting that everyone at Dish, even their "advanced support" has claimed noone else has ever complained about this.

DISH is well aware of the concern expressed in various threads here. You may get some kind of response but it probably will not be one that satisfies your (and our) concerns.

Reading through the thread, I also sent a note to the dishquality@echostar.com email address as there is one channel that is displaying FOX programming but is a CBS station but apparently that email has been disabled. -:( - does anyone have an alternate email address to send this type of request to?

It looks like I finally got to the bottom of things with Dish. They aren't carrying any new OTA offerings at this time (meaning guide data) due to capacity issues. (I spoke with someone who seemed to be in the know on how these things happen) They hope to upgrade their systems later in order to do so but it doesn't sound like anything that will happen in the near future. Oh well... at least I can close this chapter for now and call this a learning experience.

What capacity issues? On older receivers?
They were claiming Capacity with their equipment. And also they were talking about 2 different things, one was to carry channels (palm springs shares with Los Angeles market so we get the shaft) and also with the data, however as someone else pointed out on another thread, it's most likely BS as data can be compressed and it typically wouldn't slow down the system as the person suggested.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)