OTA Help

sceavis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Im trying to set up my first ota i got everything all set.Is there a meter i can buy to bring on the roof that can help me get the signal in?

not sure about a meter but you have point toward your brotckast stationsuse map, and make sure it the right end also

Tell us your zipcode so we can estimate your location and see which digital stations are in operation near you.

Also give us your antenna, receiver and amplifier (if any) info.

Thanks for the help

Hi thanks for any help you can give first my zip is 01463.Next my plan is to run this ota into my media center computer to pvr so I have the ATI HD wonder. I just ordered direct TV so I plan on splitting the signal into the H20.My locals are out of Boston I am about 30 miles from the tower Direct has some of my locals but not all like upn, wb, pbs.I bought the radio shack17 Elements Outdoor Antenna for UHF-Only. Which I know is directional. Thats what I figured I needed from antenna web. I bought it and mounted it pointed it not much luck. So I moved it around little bit I get some hits. I get the most out of it on clear cold nights. I thought I needed an amp I bought one it helped little bit but it seems that it still works the best at night. When I spin it seems to pick up signal from stations. But the stations its receiving are in a different direction. I returned the amp. Now i'm thinking I may need a rotator. I am thinking on buying the channel master setup. I am also wondering if I should have held on to the amp. I can always get it back. I am also wondering if I should pick up a multidir antenna. So right now I am in trial error phase oh I am running 100 feet of cable. So if anybody can help I thank u in advance!

http://www.antennaweb.org

You seem to be about 32 miles maximum away, but see if you need a multi-directional. Here are a few I would look at.

Winegard PR 9032
Winegard PR 8800
Winegard HD 9095P
Antennas Direct DB8
Antennas Direct 91XG
Channel Master CM 3020
Channel Master CM 4228

One thing to be kept in mind is that WHDH-DT 7.1 is reverting back to channel 7 in 2009.

I would go with the Channel Master 4228 as it has the ability to receive upper VHF channels as well as being excellent in UHF, add aCM 7777 preamp to insure stable reception and connect it with RG-6 cable. Add a rotator if the eleven Boston channels arent enough for you.

Thanks for the help guys once the weather gets little better here. I will try some of these things!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)