OTA is now incompatible

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just sharing some new info on BBCs,Diplexers and OTA

Successful brick/waterproof of a BBC converter.

I added a six inch jumper to input side of the BBC shaped cables in a "U" shape with the BBC on the bottom and placed it in a shallow clear plastic shape/Mold "cut one from a flash light package" and poured in about 1.5 inches of 5 min. epoxy.

Successful test and it fits into the gray cable box.

FYI : For those with a loose output cable on the output end of the BBC just cut labels and pop open the gray box,Then adjust the loose screw on connector.

Zenith,Channel Master and RCA diplexers work well.

The red labeled Dish network Diplexers work very well ! "EDIT: made by Holland Co."

Matt

Last edited:
my hd installer did tell me that the ota wouldn't work. I asked what he meant, if he meant that I would lose ota if he left the diplexor, he then said that I would lose directv signal. He asked if I wanted the ota, I said yes in case I decide I want to install it again later on. He didn't say anything about running a dedicated line but he left the old dish and antenna on the side of the house for me. He also left the old diplexor and multiplexor that was mounted on the underside of my eave on the side of the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)