OTA issue

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
HWS with the dish version of the dual tuner ota dongle having issues
While watching the ota channel, the red pop up box appears acquiring signal or whatever it says & then the picture returns
Anyone else having this issue?

Dish has pretty much had that problem since they started OTA tuning on the Hopper. OTA has required a strong signal from your antenna,

OTA adapter, IMHO is just plain crap. I live 4 miles from the transmitter. I have a new outside antenna. Into the TV itself, it works fine. Into the OTA constant dropouts and re-boots of the Hopper.

I'm fast approaching dropping Dish.

Reactions: allargon
I have the dual AirTV tuner connected to each of my Hopper3 receivers. I receive 52 channels from both Dayton and Columbus Ohio. WDEM and WCBZ are both low power stations from Columbus with signal strengths of 60-70. Yet they all work well.

The only problem I have noticed is my TVs get both WCBZ (22-01 Cozi, 22-02 Grit, 22-03 Mystery, 22-04 GetTV, 22-05 Decade, 22-06 CTV, and 22-07 AccuWx) from Columbus and WKEF (22-01 ABC, 22-02 Stadium, 22-03 Antenna, and 22-04 TBD) from Dayton while the dual AirTV tuner only gets either WCBZ or WKEF but not both at once.
I think the problem is that the Hopper3 software doesn’t know to do with two 22-01, two 22-02, two 22-03, and two 22-04 channels.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

OTA adapter, IMHO is just plain crap. I live 4 miles from the transmitter. I have a new outside antenna. Into the TV itself, it works fine. Into the OTA constant dropouts and re-boots of the Hopper.

I'm fast approaching dropping Dish.
same issue here
they said the power on hopper has gone bad and wanted me to pay for dish protect for 6 months to get new hopper
i tensed up, they broke
new hopper will be here in a couple of days for $15
it was 3yrs old and i had other issues as well
hope this fixes things and my transfers and timers have a smooth journey to new h3

20200312_123205.jpg

I'm still getting this error screen on occasion even with 100% signal on all of my OTA channels. It totally locks up the channel until I change channels or in some cases I have to re-boot my H3. The Dish Tech that came to my house a few months back swapped out my old tuner dongle for a new Dish dual tuner model which didn't help. I believe it has to be some type of a software glitch in the Hopper itself but I've been reluctant to request a replacement because of the hassle in swapping receivers and that they would probably send a re-furb unit. I've had this issue for going on a year now and it's getting old.

Reactions: allargon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)