OTA Module available at initial installation?

dsh

Jan 7, 2011
Badgerland
We have an installation of a HWS & Joey set up for next week. Will the tech have a OTA module available at that time? I tried to order one through the Dish store but since we don't have anything installed yet it will not let us order accessories.

If he does have one available do they charge Dish's standard price? (Many years ago we had dish installed & the tech sold me a pair of diplexers for several times their price anywhere else. I had no idea what they were, tech said we needed them so I paid. Trying to be a little smarter this time.)

Thanks for any info.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I got a trusty member here to order one on their account and send it to me while waiting on install and I paypal'd them the money. I was in the same boat and I bet the installed won't have one for you. I'd ask Dirt if they could help.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
It takes about two days after install to receive an OTA module from Dish. I'd just have the installation completed, go on line and order one..... Your installer is not going to have one on his/her truck...

ZachS@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
We have an installation of a HWS & Joey set up for next week. Will the tech have a OTA module available at that time? I tried to order one through the Dish store but since we don't have anything installed yet it will not let us order accessories.

If he does have one available do they charge Dish's standard price? (Many years ago we had dish installed & the tech sold me a pair of diplexers for several times their price anywhere else. I had no idea what they were, tech said we needed them so I paid. Trying to be a little smarter this time.)

Thanks for any info.

He more than likely will not have one. I can check to see if I can order one if you'd like. Please send me a PM with your account information to do so.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Back to module...it is super easy to install. Nearly all of us with one have done it ourselves.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Yep, plug it in. The screen says gotta restart the Hopper, say OK.... Hopper comes back in line. Scan for channels.... Here we are!

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
I've also found that with the recent software it will automatically scan for you during the reboot.

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
If you want to order directly from Dish, you have to wait till after the install. Once the Hopper is installed, your account is changed to a Hopper account and you can then order the ota module.

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Dumb question: I cannot find the place on the DISH site for ordering the OTA module. Did not find it in the accessories page or on the receivers page. Help!

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Do you have the Hopper already installed? As I already stated, the module will not show up until your account has been changed to reflect that you are now a Hopper account.

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Had the DISH tech set it up Friday, been thoroughly enjoying it. And, yes, I asked him if he had one on his truck, as noted in prior posts, did not. Did try to sell me their sound bar and wireless subwoofer though. Set it up for a demo, sounded great, was sorely tempted, but figured I had pushed the Minister of Finance about as far as I safely could.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts