OTA Module

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prayerwarrior801

Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
California
Here is my Saga, I was planning to switch to DirecTV because they have local HD for me and Dish does not. I called Dish and they are offering me a free OTA module they say will give me the local channels in HD, once I plug it in I asked about and OTA Antenna and they said it was not necessary, that doesn't sound right to me! If this will work the have offered me the OTA module for free, upgrade to Hopper for free and 10.00 off for a year. It is a good deal but I think I need more than the Module to pick up OTA HD channels. Can anyone confirm or shed light on the problem for me? Thanks so much!

Ok! I just talked to a new Rep for Dish and got the straight answer. They said i do need an OTA antenna and the OTA module is not compatible with The Hopper! I am glad I found someone honest who knew what they were talking about. I dont think they lied as much as didn't have as much knowledge as the new person I talked to! I was a little ticked hence the lying accusation! Our only option for whole home DVR and local HD looks like will take a switch to DirecTV! How does it compare to Dish i have been with Dish for 15 years!

Here is my Saga, I was planning to switch to DirecTV because they have local HD for me and Dish does not. I called Dish and they are offering me a free OTA module they say will give me the local channels in HD, once I plug it in I asked about and OTA Antenna and they said it was not necessary, that doesn't sound right to me! If this will work the have offered me the OTA module for free, upgrade to Hopper for free and 10.00 off for a year. It is a good deal but I think I need more than the Module to pick up OTA HD channels. Can anyone confirm or shed light on the problem for me? Thanks so much!
Hi, I am sorry that you were not given all the information you need to make a educated decision regarding your DISH system. The OTA does require an antenna of some sort. I have an old rabbit ear type antenna on top of my entertainment center and I get channels from as far away as Wyoming but this will depend on where you live. The Hopper does not have OTA available as this time. The OTA module would be for a ViP "k" model receiver. If you would like me to look into this further for you, please PM me your account of phone number and I can review! Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts