OTA pixelation and dropouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgcarl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Marietta, GA
Two of my HR20-100s have nuisance pilxelations and dropouts. When viewing signal strength, readings jump from "not acquired" to 90% and alternate between receiver 1 and 2. I can correct the problem with a restart but problem recurs in a few days. All satellite channels are O.K. Two other HR-20s are fine. I converted to SWM a few weeks ago but don't know if that's a factor. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Appreciate any help.

Two of my HR20-100s have nuisance pilxelations and dropouts. When viewing signal strength, readings jump from "not acquired" to 90% and alternate between receiver 1 and 2. I can correct the problem with a restart but problem recurs in a few days. All satellite channels are O.K. Two other HR-20s are fine. I converted to SWM a few weeks ago but don't know if that's a factor. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Appreciate any help.

Have you tried swapping dvrs to eliminate a cable issue? Also, have you checked all of your cables and connections?

BTW, senior moment - I meant to say TUNER 1 and TUNER 2 in original post. Cables are fine. Also, I think the main clue is that a restart always temporary corrects the condition but it returns after a few days. I'll try swapping receivers with known ones that behave properly today but may not know success for a few days as I just restarted both misbehaving receivers.

Thanks fro the suggestion.

BTW, senior moment - I meant to say TUNER 1 and TUNER 2 in original post. Cables are fine. Also, I think the main clue is that a restart always temporary corrects the condition but it returns after a few days. I'll try swapping receivers with known ones that behave properly today but may not know success for a few days as I just restarted both misbehaving receivers.

Thanks fro the suggestion.

Keep isolating and keep us updated so we can help.
Any external MultiSwitches ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)