OTA pixelation and dropouts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgcarl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Marietta, GA
Two of my HR20-100s have nuisance pilxelations and dropouts. When viewing signal strength, readings jump from "not acquired" to 90% and alternate between receiver 1 and 2. I can correct the problem with a restart but problem recurs in a few days. All satellite channels are O.K. Two other HR-20s are fine. I converted to SWM a few weeks ago but don't know if that's a factor. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Appreciate any help.

Two of my HR20-100s have nuisance pilxelations and dropouts. When viewing signal strength, readings jump from "not acquired" to 90% and alternate between receiver 1 and 2. I can correct the problem with a restart but problem recurs in a few days. All satellite channels are O.K. Two other HR-20s are fine. I converted to SWM a few weeks ago but don't know if that's a factor. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Appreciate any help.

Have you tried swapping dvrs to eliminate a cable issue? Also, have you checked all of your cables and connections?

BTW, senior moment - I meant to say TUNER 1 and TUNER 2 in original post. Cables are fine. Also, I think the main clue is that a restart always temporary corrects the condition but it returns after a few days. I'll try swapping receivers with known ones that behave properly today but may not know success for a few days as I just restarted both misbehaving receivers.

Thanks fro the suggestion.

BTW, senior moment - I meant to say TUNER 1 and TUNER 2 in original post. Cables are fine. Also, I think the main clue is that a restart always temporary corrects the condition but it returns after a few days. I'll try swapping receivers with known ones that behave properly today but may not know success for a few days as I just restarted both misbehaving receivers.

Thanks fro the suggestion.

Keep isolating and keep us updated so we can help.
Any external MultiSwitches ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts