Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Who here uses thier Cell phone to set up DVR recordings ?

I am gettign ready to leave for vacation and went into my cell phone internet and when I go to m.directv.com, I get to the log in and place the info as soon as I hit enter, the page freezes up and makes the connection unusable.

Anyone else having trouble with it or just me ?

jtwex

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
Who here uses thier Cell phone to set up DVR recordings ?

I am gettign ready to leave for vacation and went into my cell phone internet and when I go to m.directv.com, I get to the log in and place the info as soon as I hit enter, the page freezes up and makes the connection unusable.

Anyone else having trouble with it or just me ?

I'll have to try it that way & get back to you because I'm currently using Apple's DTV APP & it works flawlessly; girlfriend has the Droid & I've heard good things about that APP as well. I'll try it the old fashion way & get back to you later.

HDinCincy

HDinCincy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 15, 2007
Cincinnati, USA
Jimbo... I have had limited luck using my Crackberry. My daughter's iPhone is awesome however. Those commercials (where the guy sets DVR while a bank is being robbed) are very misleading. If it's important... take your laptop.:cool:

wildbill129

wildbill129

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 31, 2009
Redding, CA
I use it on my Blackberry Storm all the time. It's not perfect by any means but it does work.

jtwex

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
Worked for me too Jim, though I'll stick with the App on the iPhone as that's the fastest way for me.

N

n4uaj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 21, 2006
When I have wifi available I use the Ipod Touch flawlessly but the Blackberry via browser stinks!

Big Dawg 23

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
I had a Blackberry and used m.directv.com. Never had it fail, however the actual phone apps are much better. I have a Itouch that has the app and used to use all the time over my Blackberry. I just moved to a Droid a month ago and now use it over the browser. My best guess is the Itouch and Android app are the identical.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Jimbo... I have had limited luck using my Crackberry. My daughter's iPhone is awesome however. Those commercials (where the guy sets DVR while a bank is being robbed) are very misleading. If it's important... take your laptop.:cool:

Thanks guys.

I do have my laptop, but not always around.....

I don't have a Smart Phone, I have a Samsung Exclaim.
It does get the internet though and when I go to D* page ... directv.com or m.directv I get an error or am unable to log in.
When I went to log in it made the phone freeze up.

SnowVan

SnowVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 8, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I tried using it a few weeks ago and was not successful.

It didn't download what i wanted

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
m.directv.com works fine on my windows mobile 6.5 touch pro 2.

Even though it is kinda clunky at times, it is fast. Sometimes I use m.directv.com on my web browser instead of the regular directv site, works great to do a real quick search or recording.

cybok0

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
I use m.directv.com on my blackberry, works fine. The only problem I had the first time is that I have two DVRs in my living room and they were both marked living room. I had to go to the D* website and changed my HR to family room.

BlueEos

BlueEos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2009
Sammamish Wa
just go to m.directv.com (no www.)

Just be sure to keep your password SIMPLE, especially if you're using a cell. I've done it a couple of times on my IP and it's always recorded my request. However, the first time I tried it, I couldn't remember my DOD password :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.