OTA Problem/Question

henderson_tony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Hello Voom World,

I was a recent victim of the big voom blackout, so a tech brought out a new box loaded with new software. However, I cannot get my NBC affiliate to come in. I had it before hand, and now I don't. So in theory my dish should be positioned correctly, and it should be mapped. Anyone have any ideas what may be calling this or what I can do to fix it? Sometimes, the channels just black, othertimes the standard message comes up, and even other times it will tune to the channel before it.

any help would be great,

TONY

henderson_tony said:
Hello Voom World,

I was a recent victim of the big voom blackout, so a tech brought out a new box loaded with new software. However, I cannot get my NBC affiliate to come in. I had it before hand, and now I don't. So in theory my dish should be positioned correctly, and it should be mapped. Anyone have any ideas what may be calling this or what I can do to fix it? Sometimes, the channels just black, othertimes the standard message comes up, and even other times it will tune to the channel before it.

any help would be great,

TONY

The position of your dish doesn't have anything to do with your not getting your local NBC station. Maybe your OTA antenna needs to be rotated toward your station.

Try rescanning for OTA's and see if your local NBC comes up twice. If it does, then scan again and save it after the first hit. You should then get everything in.

Also make sure that you are using an RF # that gives you a 99 signal.

Yay, got it all fixed. I didn't think to do a rescan, I'm still learning the new software.

thanks for the help!

TONY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)