OTA Question

Well I Installed the RU-75R. It seems I am getting the same signal results with this antenna as with the CM 4228. I still have the 7777 pre-amp installed and the antenna clears the roof line and is about 21 feet high. WRBL-CBS and WTVM-ABC still come in at 90% - 100%. WLTZ-NBC comes in at 50% and WXTX-FOX when I can acually get it to come in it levels at about 40% - 45%. Right now I was trying to tweak WXTX and now I can't find it at all anymore.

I hooked it up and checked the analog. I am still getting ghosting on some channels. The ghosting seems to be better with RU-75R than the CM 4228. The signal lock does seem a little better. With the CM 4228 the signal would go up down constantly on the stations. With the RU-75R the signal seems to be more steady on the stations.

Any suggestions?

Wanted to let you know it seems as it is finally fixed. I raised the antenna about 5 more feet and WXTX came right in at 60%. That is as high of signal as I have ever gotten. So, I think I am good now.

Big 'man hugs' to all that helped me.

Good to hear!! More than once I have raised and sometimes even lowered an antenna as little as 6 inches and seen a huge difference. I was helping a friend only 25 miles from DC with a strong LOS signal that was not decoding. We replaced a 30 year old rooftop antenna with a Winegard 7082; and it didn't help??? I lowered the antenna about 6 inches and the signal started decoding; but only about 60%. Another 3 inches; and it was @80%. I never thought UHF would scatter that much with a relatively strong LOS signal.

Keep us up to date on any changes.

Glen

I raised and lowered for a while and the best I can do is about 60% or so on WXTX and WLTZ. I think that should keep it coming in steady. So, I will take what I can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)