OTA Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well I Installed the RU-75R. It seems I am getting the same signal results with this antenna as with the CM 4228. I still have the 7777 pre-amp installed and the antenna clears the roof line and is about 21 feet high. WRBL-CBS and WTVM-ABC still come in at 90% - 100%. WLTZ-NBC comes in at 50% and WXTX-FOX when I can acually get it to come in it levels at about 40% - 45%. Right now I was trying to tweak WXTX and now I can't find it at all anymore.

I hooked it up and checked the analog. I am still getting ghosting on some channels. The ghosting seems to be better with RU-75R than the CM 4228. The signal lock does seem a little better. With the CM 4228 the signal would go up down constantly on the stations. With the RU-75R the signal seems to be more steady on the stations.

Any suggestions?

Wanted to let you know it seems as it is finally fixed. I raised the antenna about 5 more feet and WXTX came right in at 60%. That is as high of signal as I have ever gotten. So, I think I am good now.

Big 'man hugs' to all that helped me.

Good to hear!! More than once I have raised and sometimes even lowered an antenna as little as 6 inches and seen a huge difference. I was helping a friend only 25 miles from DC with a strong LOS signal that was not decoding. We replaced a 30 year old rooftop antenna with a Winegard 7082; and it didn't help??? I lowered the antenna about 6 inches and the signal started decoding; but only about 60%. Another 3 inches; and it was @80%. I never thought UHF would scatter that much with a relatively strong LOS signal.

Keep us up to date on any changes.

Glen

I raised and lowered for a while and the best I can do is about 60% or so on WXTX and WLTZ. I think that should keep it coming in steady. So, I will take what I can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts