OTA question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

umass03

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
I'm kind of new to OTA so if this has been asked before I apologize.

Can I hook an OTA to the diplexer (I think that is what it is called) for TV2.

How its hooked now in case I'm using wrong terminology is the TV2 is fed via in house coax. There is an adapter with the coax coming in and then coax to the TV and the antenna DISH provides for the remote control.

If I switch it so I have an adapter that has coax from the all (DISH) and coax from the OTA will that work?

I'm kind of new to OTA so if this has been asked before I apologize.

Can I hook an OTA to the diplexer (I think that is what it is called) for TV2.

Yes. Set the TV2 Out to "Air" on the receiver (Menu 6-1-5) and select a channel that is not one of the OTA channels for the TV2 output. Note that the number used by broadcast stations is not necessarily the actual frequency they are broadcasting their signal on. You may have to go to their website or the FCC database to find the actual channel.

TV Query - TV Technical Information - Video Division - MB (FCC) USA

Thanks. I'll try it out. My TV2 channel is 75 (26) on the tv itself which is not one of my local OTAs

The reciever is set to channel 75 for the TV2. On the actual TV it is tuned to channel 26 for the DISH Network feed.

The TVs built in tuner does get a few HD locals but when I hook up an external antenna I can get the other locals in my area in HD as well.