OTA Questions

These OTA antenna issues are tough. Your best bet is to get familiar with the antenna farms in your area on www.antennaweb.org and work some of the OTA issues yourself. I'm lucky 'cause my stations are all in 2 physical locations, some people even have them all in 1 spot. But for multiple physical locations with some distance it will be hard for these guys to fix. Mostly because how many of them haven't installed antenna's in their lifetimes. Since the 70's maybe.

I really like channel masters equipment and you have to give VOOM credit for choosing the OTA they did. It's a good antenna from a good company, but it cannot satisfy everyone.

Don't think this is just a VOOM issue. Any DBS service requires the antenna installation and they are all having the same problems. Mostly due to experience. Some aesthetics (everyone wants these in their attic and that doesn't help any).

In my case I will use 2 antenna's pointing to the antenna farms with traps if necessary. I hate combining anything. I would really suggest running independant RG6 coax whenever possible. If you have multiple antennas you may want to join them at the box, or for less loss use a switch. I know its a hassle and doesn't work for everyone, just a suggestion.

Try www.avsforum.com and look for the HD forum, go to the HD reception area and you should get some excellent help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts