OTA Signal Problems

mpeltz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Atlanta
I have the Hopper w/ Sling and the OTA module. When I scan for channels, the system finds some channels, but the strongest signal I get is 83. Most of the signals are very weak. Also, it doesn't seem to find many of the other OTA channels available in my area.

Prior to the Hopper, I had the 722k with OTA module. The 722k had rock solid signals, especially for ABC and NBC pegged at 100%. I haven't changed my antenna location or anything else. My TV has an internal OTA tuner as well. When I hook the antenna cable to the TV, the signal is rock solid and shows dozens on OTA channels, even better than the 722k.

I called tech support and they said that Dish is still working on the software updates for OTA; however, I haven't heard anyone else on this forum reporting OTA problems.

Is anyone else running into signal issues with their OTA module?

I have not had any issues with my module at all. In fact I get better signal than I did with my 722. I'd contact DIRT, here on this website and see what they can do for you.

Thanks Bobby, I'll try DIRT. I'm just surprised that you're the only one to respond. I figured OTA would be a hot topic.

I have the Hopper w/ Sling and the OTA module. When I scan for channels, the system finds some channels, but the strongest signal I get is 83. Most of the signals are very weak. Also, it doesn't seem to find many of the other OTA channels available in my area.

Prior to the Hopper, I had the 722k with OTA module. The 722k had rock solid signals, especially for ABC and NBC pegged at 100%. I haven't changed my antenna location or anything else. My TV has an internal OTA tuner as well. When I hook the antenna cable to the TV, the signal is rock solid and shows dozens on OTA channels, even better than the 722k.

I called tech support and they said that Dish is still working on the software updates for OTA; however, I haven't heard anyone else on this forum reporting OTA problems.

Is anyone else running into signal issues with their OTA module?

I had varying antenna signal strength with my old Hopper. Like you, no trouble when connecting directly to the TV. The new Hopper With Sling seems to be much better.

I have a 2000 and HWS, and both my OTA antennas perform well with the Hopper module. In my experienced with previous models like the 722k, its just as good and seems to handle multipath better than the 722k did. I have zero complaints about the Hopper modules.

the ota module for the hopper is excellent imo. signals are at least 20% better than the ota module from directv and blows away the ota tuner in my sammy.

Thanks everyone, it helps to know there aren't widespread issues. I talked with a DIRT member and he submitted a trouble report. Not sure what that exactly means, but hopefully this will get resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)