OTA Timer Scheduling Disappeared

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
This morning two 722s lost OTA timer schedules. The programs are listed in the timer section, but they have no scheduled times to record. I deleted the timers and made new timers to record new episodes. Same thing, the programs show up in the timer listing, but no episodes show up to record. I did a reboot on one of the 722s but did not fix the problem. I am receiving the OTA channels but can't get them to set up a scheduled time to record. Have not had this problem before. Anyone have an idea what happened?

This problem has been around for almosta year now on "New" or "Once" recordings. "Weekly" works just fine, as long as the time doesnt change.

Thanks for the info StevenD. I have never had this problem on these two receivers since I have had them for almost two years now. Just tried the "All" recordings and it does the same thing. What would cause this to happen all of sudden and the identical problem on two receivers? Must of been something from the daily updates.

I do "once" recordings all the time on two 722s and have never had such a problem.

This problem has been around for almosta year now on "New" or "Once" recordings. "Weekly" works just fine, as long as the time doesnt change.
I've had the problem on a 622 with "new" ota timers since around mid March 2009, they would disappear the next day, I'm guessing after the daily update. I suspect the problem on my 622 started after L617 (I think that was it) downloaded. From what I read at dbstalk.com it appeared only the Pittsburgh and Houston area's were having problems? Yeah, I don't understand why more subs aren't complaining, could there be that few ota users? I'm not really happy with the "weekly" workaround, it tends to screw up some of the other timers when the shows are put on a different day. The ota had worked real well up to that point, not like it was a work in progress (like the problems with the 921:mad:)

Thanks StanUbankit for your input. I have been troubleshooting this problem last couple of days. I have eight OTA channels scanned into two 722s and one 722k. Antenna is mounted in the attic, amplified, and sent out to the DVRs via a three way splitter. The OTA signal at the 722k location is two way split going to the DVR and a two way manual switch, then to the TV OTA port. All signal strengths on the two 722s are 100% on most channels and hi 90s on the other channels. The signal strength on the 722k channels are mostly hi 90s, one at 100% and two channels are hi 80s. So I don’t think signal strength is an issue.

Five of the OTA channel timer events I have set up are working OK. On the three other OTA timers, when the frequency is set to “All” or “New” the event schedules are missing or just have one event scheduled. All of the timers look good in the Timer listing. When the frequencies are changed to “Daily” or Weekly” everything looks good. Also the “Once” frequency works OK too. The three OTA channels that have the problem are CBS, NBC, and ABC. I am beginning to think the issue might be the TV Stations new and repeat signals they send out for the programs.

This problem started on 27 May 09 after having no problems for a year and nine months since I have had the 722s. Just installed the 722k on 31 May and it is having the same identical problem. I called Dish Tech support yesterday and went thru the normal resets, etc. She made a work ticket for further troubleshooting.

I hope there is a Dish Technician that follows this Forum that might have an idea of what might be the problem.

I should mention that I only have this problem on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. Those channels I also receive from Dish.

I have no problems recording "All" or "Once" or "New" on channels I do not also receive from Dish (PBS, CW, etc).

Its almost like Dish is trying to force us to use the channels they broadcast.

All eight local channels I receive are thru both Dish and OTA. No problem with OTA timers for FOX, PBS, CW, MyNetwork, and one Independent channel. The only issue is CBS, NBC, and ABC. I hope FOX doesn't go bad on me too. Maybe Dish will get back with me on this problem. I use OTA "New" timers for several channels, especially on Sundays.

Thanks StanUbankit for your input. I have been troubleshooting this problem last couple of days. I have eight OTA channels scanned into two 722s and one 722k. Antenna is mounted in the attic, amplified, and sent out to the DVRs via a three way splitter. The OTA signal at the 722k location is two way split going to the DVR and a two way manual switch, then to the TV OTA port. All signal strengths on the two 722s are 100% on most channels and hi 90s on the other channels. The signal strength on the 722k channels are mostly hi 90s, one at 100% and two channels are hi 80s. So I don’t think signal strength is an issue.

Five of the OTA channel timer events I have set up are working OK. On the three other OTA timers, when the frequency is set to “All” or “New” the event schedules are missing or just have one event scheduled. All of the timers look good in the Timer listing. When the frequencies are changed to “Daily” or Weekly” everything looks good. Also the “Once” frequency works OK too. The three OTA channels that have the problem are CBS, NBC, and ABC. I am beginning to think the issue might be the TV Stations new and repeat signals they send out for the programs.

This problem started on 27 May 09 after having no problems for a year and nine months since I have had the 722s. Just installed the 722k on 31 May and it is having the same identical problem. I called Dish Tech support yesterday and went thru the normal resets, etc. She made a work ticket for further troubleshooting.

I hope there is a Dish Technician that follows this Forum that might have an idea of what might be the problem.

Talked to Dish today. No engineering answers has been annotated in my account. He said to check back in 72 hours.

OTA-01 all/new episode scheduling problem

From what I can gather, the problem only exists for people who subscribe to local channels through Dish. When you pick a program, i.e., CSI NY for 10pm on Wed and set it to record all episodes or new episodes. Somehow when it does the search, it doesn't find the ones besides the one you selected. So it'll know to record CSI New York for this week since that's the one you selected, but nothing in the future.

The issue only appears to affect CBS-01, ABC-01, NBC-01, and FOX-01. I deduced that this is due to the fact that Dish only supplies the big4 stations' HDs. I tried setting a similar recording on the local OTA CW-01 and it works fine. The reason being that CW-00 HD doesn't exist via Dish. Somehow it appears to be treating the -01s as being redundant. It sees the Dish supplied -00 HD and it disregards the -01 OTA HD results.

I spoke to dish reps about 5 days ago and they said it was escalated to the engineers and they are working on the issue. It does appear that they had an update a few weeks ago and that's when it started having an issue. I checked today and it still is not resolved. Hopefully they fix the problem before the fall season. Not that big of an issue for me right now as the summer season is slow.

You should prioritize your timers and set them on -00 HD instead of the OTA-01. Anything on -02 HD seems to work fine, by the way. Anything that you set weekly, M-F, or once should work fine. I wouldn't set anything OTA-01 using the all episodes/new episodes until the problem is resolved. I'd try it and check to see if it sees beyond the one you set.

Hope all that makes sense. Good luck!

It hasn't been that long for most people

I call BS! Ive had this problem for about a year now. Dish has done NOTHING to fix it.

I don't know why yours has had a problem for as long as you claim it has, but it does seem like most people have only had this problem for the past month at the longest. I've dealt with Dish Tech support for a good bit and I've been a subscriber for the past decade at least. For the most part they do try and take care and resolve the problem. What I don't understand with this latest issue is that it can be pinpointed to the latest software update. Makes no sense why they can't just roll back to the previous version.

I'm guessing they are either stumped or all too busy trying to work on a TIVO workaround for older boxes instead of this issue.

questions...

i had this problem after i re-scanned for ota channels (after the digital transition). I had to clear out all my ota timers and then re schedule them. Works fine now

What receiver are you using. I use a VIP722. How did you set your timers after you re-scheduled? Did you set it for weekly, new episodes, all episodes, M-F, daily? Also, you do get your locals through Dish, right?

I set new OTA timers and still have this issue.

I've been having the same problem since the DTV switch caused me to rescan on my 722k. Did anyone ever find a work-around or a fix?

Last edited:
I called on 20 June. Still nothing annotated in my account. She is going to re-submit the problem to engineers again and for me to check back in 72 hours. This is unbelievable. It makes the 722k useless for me.

Talked to Dish yesterday. No engineering answers have been annotated in my account yet. They must be too busy or this OTA issue must be a big problem to fix. I wish they would give some kind of response. I will try the on line chat with Dish Techs when I have a chance.

Same exact problem here. I have a 722k and started having this problem a few weeks ago, not exactly sure when it started. I attributed it to the digital transition, but it sounds like that's not it. I've tried deleting and re-scanning all my OTA channels, rebooting the 722k, deleting the timers and creating new ones, and none of it works. I guess it's time to call Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)