OTA towers in different dirrections

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
What happens with VOOM when your OTA broadcast towers are in three different directions?

I at present only have one channel broadcasting in digital format, with one set to go on line shortly and more (hopefully) to follow. The broadcast towers are almost due north, due south and due east. Will the VOOM stealth antenna pick up the signal in three distictly different directions???

depends upon distance, but the best bet is to point at each transmitter with multiple antennas and combine (I don't recommend combining) or use a switch.

You can get omnidirectional antennas, might want to try this first.

Trouthead said:
What happens with VOOM when your OTA broadcast towers are in three different directions?

I at present only have one channel broadcasting in digital format, with one set to go on line shortly and more (hopefully) to follow. The broadcast towers are almost due north, due south and due east. Will the VOOM stealth antenna pick up the signal in three distictly different directions???

Best solution to be safe is to buy a Rotor. The RS rotor is the same as the Channelmaster rotor. This is a manual rotor. There also another one with a remote control. Best thing I ever did!

Yeah, but what do you do when 2 people want to watch different channels that need to be pointed in different directions. It kind of amazes me that people still have to rely on something as archaic as a rotor.

I'm fairly lucky, I have 5 out of 6 in the same direction (less than 15 degree separation between them), but then I have my Fox station which is probably another 40 degrees off from them. However, right now, with my Terk clip on, I get the Fox station in Crystal Clear (Analog) and I get the other stations all in (slightly fuzzy at times, sometimes with some ghosting).

I'm hoping, I'll be able to pull in the Digital Signals easily. They are all classified as Yellow for my house on Antennaweb.org. I think I'm going to ask the VOOM installers to put the antenna up on the second level of my house and not just on top of the garage. I think the 2 story house next door to me, and the 2nd story of my house is causing some signal reflection. I think I could avoid all that entirely if I put it up on the 2nd story.

I'm kind of lucky. My town is elevated up slightly from Peoria where the towers are, and there is nothing but a few trees and barren farmland between there and my house.

HeavyC said:
Yeah, but what do you do when 2 people want to watch different channels that need to be pointed in different directions. It kind of amazes me that people still have to rely on something as archaic as a rotor.

Hey :) Rotors do the job. I know it sounds crazy but it is my personal opinion to have everyone with their own T.V, receiver and OTA antenna (if necessary). I have big satellite bill every month (while I can afford it) but it keeps me and everyone happy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts