OTA via cable?

iml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
I was wondering if you can plug cable TV into the OTA port on a 622 and get channels through that?

I can't really put an outdoor antenna up, the last indoor antenna I tried didn't work, I can't get HD locals on Dish, but I can get them via cable company....would be nice if I could somehow view those on Dish.

No, you cannot. I wish you could. Since I have cable internet, it would have saved me the trouble of installing an antenna on my roof. It would also be great irony to subscribe to satellite TV, and get your locals for free over cable.

I was wondering if you can plug cable TV into the OTA port on a 622 and get channels through that?

I can't really put an outdoor antenna up, the last indoor antenna I tried didn't work, I can't get HD locals on Dish, but I can get them via cable company....would be nice if I could somehow view those on Dish.

I put an OTA antenna in my attic and get great pictures. If you don't want to do that either, your best bet to get the network channels in HD would be to "move".

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/113397-help-moving.html

I recently "moved" and now I get the networks in HD via E* and also thru my OTA antenna. Last night I recorded CSI, Grey's Anatomy, and The Office all in HD at the same time. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)