OTA will not record.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Tried setting an ota tuner today. Timer shows up in the Timers screen, but no scheduled recordings when I select Timer Schedule. Tried this on both my HWS's.

Is it happening on ALL OTA channels, or just the sub channels? All my primary's will record.

Most are reporting in the -02 subchannels or higher are the ones failing...and that timers for most -01 channels have worked. All the OTA timers I have are on -02 subchannels, and none of those have worked since the last "update".

Also, pressing record (at least from a Joey, haven't tested from the Hopper yet) on any OTA channel does absolutely nothing.

EDIT: Well maybe not absolutely nothing, but rather it will state that it is recording, yet pressing the RED button indicates no recording, and there is no recording in the My Recordings menu.

The timer shows up when you look at the list of timers. But when you select the timer schedule, it shows nothing scheduled.
Also if you press the record button when the show starts, nothing happens.

My hopper had problems with ota the first two days but now my ota manual timers seem to be recording again as this night. If you set manual timers for the sub channels , it will work now. The key is to make them all manual timers and NO name based recording timers. Big step backwards for DISH ,but it has been that way for the last two software updates.

Reactions: DWS44
The timer shows up when you look at the list of timers. But when you select the timer schedule, it shows nothing scheduled.
Also if you press the record button when the show starts, nothing happens.

Yup...what he (and others) said...I have guide data, but name-based timers, both old timers, and newly-created timers, do nothing.

Big step backwards for DISH ,but it has been that way for the last two software updates.

Seems to have become SOP with Dish and Hopper "updates". :(

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Without going back thru this whole thread, I just copied and pasted this from the tech portal regarding this issue..

This is a known issue being worked on. The work around is to set a manual timer. (DVR button 4x,then press the green hot key)

Here is what works for me.
Bring up the guide and move the cursor to the channel you want and the current or future program you want to record.
Press record three times. This brings up the screen where you can create a manual recording. Do not hit create.
Move the cursor to the Manual Timer button and hit enter. This new screen can now be used to adjust start/stop time etc.
Then hit create. Has worked every time for me (so far).

I was PM'd by DIRT. Was told they were aware of itr and engineers were working on it. I was asked to supply the SN of my receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)