ota with dish 1000.4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
i have had dish for 2 months now and want to save 5.99 a month and get a ota antenna installed on roof. with this i can get bmore and d.c. digital stations. i have a 211k and a 622. My question is when i install the new ota antenna do i need to run the cable from the antenna to each receiver or is there a way i can combine the ota signal with the dish signal. i dont want to buy a lot of cable but if i need to i will. One tv is in basement the other one is in bedroom and we will get another one in living room soon. also any antenna recommendations zip code 20720 i know i need a vhf and uhf but i want to be able to get bmore and d.c. with one antenna

I have one OTA antenna running into a distribution amp with 4 outputs, and those outputs are all fed into diplexers along with the satellite switch outputs. From the diplexers, 1 cable goes to each of my receivers where the process is reversed.

That said, you may not want to save the locals money (if that's even possible these days) because then your 9 day guide goes away. You could still manually set timers if you want to DVR something. But without that guide, you're tuning in stations blind.

I thought Feb 1st the locals became part of your subscription package instead of an option.

That's correct. You can only get a reduction if locals are not available in your DMA, so to the OP, it's a mute point.

Elsewhere it's been posted that the "free" or automatic locals is only for new subs.

I checked, I don't get the locals, even after a checkswitch. I have an OTA I'm happy with, but if I'm now in effect paying for locals, I'd might as well get them. Besides, it looks like Dish will provide a MD station I have trouble receiving.

So which is it? Time to play CSR roulette again? Need to call soon for EA anyway....

That's correct. You can only get a reduction if locals are not available in your DMA, so to the OP, it's a mute point.
I thought Feb 1st the locals became part of your subscription package instead of an option.

No that is not correct. What happened was dish forbid any one from advertising a price with out locals. that means that as a retailer the price that I have to advertise is the $24.99 pricepoint with locals not the $19.99 pricepoint without locals. Which is fine with me because 99% of customers who order dish from me order locals. You can still unbundle the locals from the dish. I know that this is still true because I just set up a customer this morning without locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts