OTA with PTAT???

soccer_mom

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Ohio
My family will be moving soon and there is an outside tower antenna on the property. I'm thinking of buying one of the OTA dongles to connect with our Hopper to try and capture some of the non-big-four channels. My question is: I live in the Lima, OH area where I belong to one of those lucky areas where DISH does not provide HD for the local big 4 networks. Does anyone out there know if it's possible for the Hopper to use PTAT with the OTA channels?

I'm thinking if Dish doesn't get things resolved with Lima and get the HD soon, I may be dropping Dish after my 2 year commitment is done with them--just didn't know if there was another route I can try and get the thing to work.

This wouldn't be a problem if I'd only be able to get the Toledo locals for the zip code to the North. I've tried "moving" into a different zip code to get these before, but I'm trying to stay ligit after the move.

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else on the boards, I tried searching but couldn't find this answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

6 Lima stations have been up linked to 77 satellite. They might be coming soon. You would need eastern arc setup to get the if they get turned on.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

@David_Jr--can you elaborate on your comment? Are you saying, they've just been added to the 77 satellite, or that they've been there all along? And also, because I actually live in the area and get the SD versions, wouldn't I already have the eastern arc setup.

Any way of knowing if they'd be coming soon? That would definitely solve a lot of heartache in my household.

Thanks!

Being in Lima, you will have a Western Arc setup. The fact that Dish is transmitting Lima's locals in HD (but they're flagged as "Not available" to customers) could suggest that an agreement may be made soon. Isn't it lovely having ALL of the locals owned by the same company ? I like how WLIO says on their website that "the reason we are not in HD is because Dish Network does not want to retransmit is in HD". Way to tell half the story there....

If/when they do make an agreement, if they remain on the 77º satellite, Dish will have to either replace everyone's dish or re-aim them to the Eastern Arc.

I grew up just a few blocks from their location. Played football in the fields surrounding their broadcast tower !

@David_Jr--can you elaborate on your comment? Are you saying, they've just been added to the 77 satellite, or that they've been there all along? And also, because I actually live in the area and get the SD versions, wouldn't I already have the eastern arc setup.

Any way of knowing if they'd be coming soon? That would definitely solve a lot of heartache in my household.

Thanks!

I am saying they were up linked to 77W satellite on 9/11/13, check the uplink page. There is no way to know for sure if or when they might be made available. Scott may know something or DIRT Team might know something but many times no one really knows until they are actually made available. 6 uplinked at once sounds promising.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)