OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
I have a humongous antenna in the attic, probably original to the house (1968). I hook coaxial to my Sony Bravia kdl-46s2010 and only get 5 channels. I hook it up to my Haier TV and I get 22. Since the Sony is my primary, I would like to aquire the same channels if not more. I currently have a Directv HR24 DVR. If I get the DIRECTV AM21N TV Tuner, would I be assured of obtaining those 22 channels and maybe more?

Thanks!

Mark

Not necessarily. The AM21 only gets the channels that are in the database supplied to it. It doesn't scan like most ota tuners. You could get every channel you want, but probably not.

Move the antenna outside and put a rotor on it and you'll get everything you want.

Also remember, digital signals are very picky,, general rule, the higher the better.
You may find if you can go to the attic and turn your antenna just a little may make a huge difference.

Jimbo, he is asking about an AM21 tuner compared to the tuners in his televisions.

Jimbo, he is asking about an AM21 tuner compared to the tuners in his televisions.

Generally they are comparable.

Some TV's have better tuners in them than others.

As I mentioned earlier, the higher the antenna the better chance of getting your channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts