Out of my league-kinda

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
Here is an old school question.My 2009 Vizio has the RCA out to my aging Sony STE-DE197 receiver which powers a pair of Sony SS7000.I'm completely satisfied with my set up but I know my Vizio isn't going to last forever.What I want to ask is if for any reason I have to upgrade and have to get a receiver that is surround sound can I use the right/left outputs to power just my two speakers.Or is there any way to make it work.Really don't want a collection of five or seven speakers on my set up cause I can rattle the pictures hanging on the wall but the neighborhood wouldn't appreciate it.I hope you can understand what I'm asking. TIA

If you buy an entry level receiver you can hook up as many speakers as it can handle (channels it has) or as little channels as you have.

You can get something like this for as little as $200.

Denon AVR-S500BT 5.2 Channel AV Receiver

Reactions: overtimeman
I've got 3 older receivers that the surround circuits were shorted out by a lightning/power surge. They still work in 2 channel mode but other than CD or Radio they are useless as they don't have hdmi, coaxial or optical inputs to get the audio from the source. I only have 1 tv that still has analog left and right outputs, all the others are coaxial or optical. I could use the left/right out of the 211 with one of the old receivers, but it is used so rarely, I just disconnected everything to tidy things up and just use the tv speakers.

I need to get a new surround receiver for my main setup, as my Yamaha the HDMI circuit is fried, so I have to use optical and coaxial for the surround with it. I've been hesitant to upgrade as it's not the first receiver I've had that the HDMI circuit has just stopped working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts