OUTAGE: WVAH 11 and WCHS 8 Charleston WV Transmission Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
The Charleston / Huntington WV market its affecting Channel 8 (WCHS) ABC and Channel 11 (WVAH) FOX have an outage. Last time it was Channel 13 (WOWK) CBS (only one Eastern ARC 77 satellite though) and I had to contact the engineer at the station and they didnt know anything about it and Dish Network said they were aware of the problem and it took them three days to fix it. What the heck is going on? Even the digital signal with an over the air antenna is out this time. It is out on 77 and 129 this time. My guess is something is wrong with their antenna receiver the signal because someone told me that they are receiving the channels on cable and they usually pick it up over the air. If it was an issue with their transmission tower then the cable company probably would not be receiving it either unless they are getting it by Fiber or something.

Just as a note, both these stations are owned by the same company, Sinclair.

They seem to be back now. Maybe it had something to do with transponder changes on the new satellite at 129. That change for the Charleston WV market was in progress at about 2am.

3, 13, 11, 8, they were all out for me.

Channel 3 and 13 were still on, 8 and 11 were not, for satellite 77 and 129 so it had nothing to do with that. I notice that the stations are back up now though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)