Outerbanks NC Good Eats?

abisdabis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Western PA
The family is heading to the Outerbanks in a couple of weeks. I have been there before but really do not remember any good restaurants. Does anyone have any reccomendations for good Outerbanks restaurants?

We like Italian, Chinese and we LOVE BBQ . I would expect some good BBQ joints in NC but have never found them. We would also try just about any other type as long as it gets good reviews. Restaurant chains are fine but we like to explore some of the local dives as well.

:hungry:

There is a good restaurant in Ocracoke just on the other side of town from the ferry but that is WAY south of where most people mean when they say "outer banks. Do you mean Naggs Head or Emerald Isle when you way "Outer Banks?

BTW, the best bar-b-que joints are inland!

http://www.kingsbbq.com/
This one is just this side of a greasy spoon with great vinegar based BBQ sauce, not this gooey molasses stuff!

See ya
Tony

There is a good restaurant in Ocracoke just on the other side of town from the ferry but that is WAY south of where most people mean when they say "outer banks. Do you mean Naggs Head or Emerald Isle when you way "Outer Banks?

We will be in Duck. I always tell my wife that we need to go inland to get good bbq!!! We generally bbq at the house but I want a vacation for myself this time as well.