Outside link click warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Is it possible to disable the intermediate page telling users they're leaving the site and following a link elsewhere ? I understand the point of it and the need (for some :D), but personally, I don't need it. Leave it on by default, by all means, but let those who dig into the settings and find the option to disable it have that option.

I think the problem is bigger.

Seems like all outside links in the Phone Zone (including ones by Scott) go to an inactive stub from which there is no escape.
This makes that forum totally unreadable!

I checked some of my old links over in FTA Department, and ones to other places inside SatGuy's simply are not properly resolved.
(however, as best I could tell without making test posts, outside links were not screwed over like they were in the Phone Zone)

Very confusing and inconsistent.
I can't believe the powers-that-be haven't noticed and started looking into the problem.
Yet, this is the first thread on the subject.

Hall that is something I am working on. Still a work in progress. :D

Anole, I am afraid I have no idea what your talking about. :)

Anole, I am afraid I have no idea what your talking about. :)
I didn't do extensive testing, but this link didn't work, so I thought the problem was more pervasive.

eg:
Tech#344 builds his own feedhorns for DishNet 105° LNBs:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/242947-question-about-multi-switches-2.html#post2461471

It's a link I used in one of my threads, which is post #5, right here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...d-lnb-multi-receiver-options.html#post2647778
However, the other two links work.
So, did I screw up initially? Yea, it's possible.
More likely it got caught in one of the forum "adjustments".

Mostly,, I was just trying to read the Phone Zone, and having trouble with the links.
I see they're working now.
Thanks. Glad to know it's a recognized problem.

Anole that is part of VBSEO which I don't have any control over. There is supposed to be a new release coming out early next year which hopefully will fix that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)