Pac 12 Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I did some playing around with the app last night. I live in Seattle and in the main "guide" area of the iPhone app I get access to the national network and Washington. In the "networks" area of the app, I only get access to the national network (no Washington access). No where do I get access to the other regional channels. So the multi sport pack doesn't appear to do me any good (I should drop it).

Here is a clip from a Seattle Times newspaper interview with head of the Pac12 network:

".....The Pac-12 Networks has asked its cable partners to “flip” the national and regional feeds on basic subscription plans — meaning the Pac-12 national feed would become part of the basic cable plan (ideally in high definition, too) — though it seems unlikely that the flip would happen before the start of the football season.

“We have been working diligently with all of our providers to make Pac-12 Network — which showcases all 12 schools — the primary network and offer it to their customers in HD,” Murphy-Stephans said. “And in addition to that, if they would like to also offer the regional sports network, or all six of them, they’re welcome to do that (with no change in the subscription fee). We’ve been working on the fruition of that plan. It’s a really important shift for us because we want to make sure fans can watch whatever game they want to watch on whatever device they want to watch at any time they want to watch it."

I've also noticed the national network has changed its promos to say they carry 450 live events annually. They used to say 850 which is the actual number of live events across all regional networks.

From the newspaper article, it sounds like Dish could carry the regionals at no extra charge. What I find odd is a change like this being made mid-contract. Dish signed on with the Pac12 networks in Sept 2012. They lit up a bunch of alt channels they used for almost 3.5 years but now don't. A change like this usually occurs only at renegotiation time, not mid-way thru the contract. It's odd it happened 7.5 months before the anniversary of the agreement. Somehow this makes me hopeful Dish will carry all regionals in the near future. I know that sounds foolish. But they get the channels at no extra charge which means it's only a bandwidth issue. And as we've seen recently with RSN's, more bandwidth has now been made available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This message popped up for today and then went away. I have the multi sport pack. Doesn't that include online access to all channels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you lived in the applicable zip codes for Pac 12 OR had Multi Sport you receive the Pac 12 network.

Until 2/1/2016 you received every channel. As of 2/1/2016 DISH customers get the national channel ONLY on TV and also online. No more access to all the regionals after 2/1/2016

If you lived in the applicable zip codes for Pac 12 OR had Multi Sport you receive the Pac 12 network.

Until 2/1/2016 you received every channel. As of 2/1/2016 DISH customers get the national channel ONLY on TV and also online. No more access to all the regionals after 2/1/2016

This makes me wonder how Dish will handle this upcoming football season. Previous Basketball, Baseball, and Softball seasons Dish had the Alt feeds up and running on a consistent basis from the different PAC12 regional channels when there were live games on those regional channels. None this year, at least not that I have seen. And what will happen during football season? Will the Alternate channels be blacked out and the PAC12 is going to go the route of the RSN/Pro Model where the live games are blacked out? Or will Dish not carry those football games at all, just like they didn't carry a lot of the basketball games and aren't carrying the baseball/softball games right now? I do hope it works out that we have access to all the games on the regional networks. I am from Chicago, so the PAC12 Network isn't viewed on a daily basis, but I am a college football fan. And I don't care who is playing, if it is a good game, I can be pulled into it. During college football season, if there is a good game in the 4th quarter, even if it isn't the big name schools having great seasons, I like knowing I have access to the game and can see it play out.

This makes me wonder how Dish will handle this upcoming football season. Previous Basketball, Baseball, and Softball seasons Dish had the Alt feeds up and running on a consistent basis from the different PAC12 regional channels when there were live games on those regional channels. None this year, at least not that I have seen. And what will happen during football season? Will the Alternate channels be blacked out and the PAC12 is going to go the route of the RSN/Pro Model where the live games are blacked out? Or will Dish not carry those football games at all, just like they didn't carry a lot of the basketball games and aren't carrying the baseball/softball games right now? I do hope it works out that we have access to all the games on the regional networks. I am from Chicago, so the PAC12 Network isn't viewed on a daily basis, but I am a college football fan. And I don't care who is playing, if it is a good game, I can be pulled into it. During college football season, if there is a good game in the 4th quarter, even if it isn't the big name schools having great seasons, I like knowing I have access to the game and can see it play out.

No one knows the answer to this question. You can pull up videos where Larry Scott raves about all the things DISH customers can do for Pac-12, streaming and all. But that was 3.5 years ago. Pac-12 now wants to show us on streaming what is on our TV. if it is not on our TV they do not want to give us access - a way to push the providers.

My guess? Pac-12 Network is on its last legs. Pac-12 Network is now picking fights with existing subscribers....there are only 11-12 M of us, so seriously, they want this number to go down? Apparently so.

Now there is no reason why DISH cannot carry the regionals at least in SD. It does not cost them a dime more. If they gave us the SD version we could then stream the HD version, at least.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Correction to my earlier post. I only have online access to the national network (no access to Pac12 Washington as I earlier thought). This really does suck. The whole point of this network was to expand TV access. They keep taking steps backwards. Larry Scott needs to pull his head out.

In the meantime, where do I go on the Dish website to request the regionals?

Reactions: PortlandChris
Correction to my earlier post. I only have online access to the national network (no access to Pac12 Washington as I earlier thought). This really does suck. The whole point of this network was to expand TV access. They keep taking steps backwards. Larry Scott needs to pull his head out.

Make sure you complain to both, at least try to be heard.

Done. I also sent a request via the Pac12 Network website. Next action is to send a one to our AD. She's an interim AD so I'm not sure how much that'll help.

The fact that the 4 alts are still lit up after 3 months continues to give me hope.

The fact that the 4 alts are still lit up after 3 months continues to give me hope.

I am not sure that really means anything. We can hope. Problem is that really no provider does it the way Pac 12 wants. DISH has national,but no regionals. Comcast has Oregon regional, but no national (except SD version in add on sports pack I am told.)

Personally Pac 12 needs to get SOMEONE on board and then maybe the others will follow suit. I am told that cost is the same.

Really at the root of all of this is Pac 12 needs to just cut fee and get on systems or this channel will die.

I didn't check during football season, but now during basketball once again the Alt channels are never utilized. I've also noticed that in the past the national PAC 12 channel would occasionally mention games carried on a regional channel, but they never do that anymore. Sometimes those overflow games will show up on the national channel later on (often in the overnight hours).

I didn't check during football season, but now during basketball once again the Alt channels are never utilized. I've also noticed that in the past the national PAC 12 channel would occasionally mention games carried on a regional channel, but they never do that anymore. Sometimes those overflow games will show up on the national channel later on (often in the overnight hours).

During football season in the early weeks of the season when the games were all out of conference games, the PAC 12 alternates were used. But if I remember right, the only channel used was 592. Wasn't like previous years where the games that were on the main channel were also on the alts so that if the first game on the main channel went long you could turn over to the alternate channel and view the start of the next game.

No one knows the answer to this question. You can pull up videos where Larry Scott raves about all the things DISH customers can do for Pac-12, streaming and all. But that was 3.5 years ago. Pac-12 now wants to show us on streaming what is on our TV. if it is not on our TV they do not want to give us access - a way to push the providers.

My guess? Pac-12 Network is on its last legs. Pac-12 Network is now picking fights with existing subscribers....there are only 11-12 M of us, so seriously, they want this number to go down? Apparently so.

Now there is no reason why DISH cannot carry the regionals at least in SD. It does not cost them a dime more. If they gave us the SD version we could then stream the HD version, at least.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else on the forum, but ever since Dish added PAC12 network to Sling and Top 120+, I have been able to login and watch any one of the regional Pac 12 networks online like I used to before Feb 1, 2016. Just tried and had no problem flipping between Pac12 Oregon, Mountain, and Arizona.

Reactions: styxfix
Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else on the forum, but ever since Dish added PAC12 network to Sling and Top 120+, I have been able to login and watch any one of the regional Pac 12 networks online like I used to before Feb 1, 2016. Just tried and had no problem flipping between Pac12 Oregon, Mountain, and Arizona.
Yes! And, with my AppleTV and iPad, I am able to mirror that up to my big screen....

Yes, this was fixed after several of us complained loud and hard to the Pac 12. At the same time Pac 12 was added to Sling, this was opened back up.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted mention that the DISH guide has games listed in the Pac-12 alternate channels for this Saturday (9/15). At 2 pm PT/5 pm ET, the national channel (406-1) is showing San Jose St. @ Oregon. At the same time, New Hampshire @ Colorado is on 406-2. Idaho St. @ Cal is on 406-3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET (These are Hopper channel numbers. Not sure of the regular channel numbers). I've been a DISH customer for about a year and have not seen the Pac-12 alternate channels used before. Anyone know if something changed since last year?

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted mention that the DISH guide has games listed in the Pac-12 alternate channels for this Saturday (9/15). At 2 pm PT/5 pm ET, the national channel (406-1) is showing San Jose St. @ Oregon. At the same time, New Hampshire @ Colorado is on 406-2. Idaho St. @ Cal is on 406-3 at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET (These are Hopper channel numbers. Not sure of the regular channel numbers). I've been a DISH customer for about a year and have not seen the Pac-12 alternate channels used before. Anyone know if something changed since last year?

I don't know if anything has changed, but when Dish first got the PAC 12 Network those alternates were used more frequently. They had alternate football, basketball games, soccer games, and I remember one time they had gymnastics on. Last year - were there any times during football season that they needed to be used? I wonder if it was just the fact that there weren't as many conflicts the way the kickoffs of the games fell.

Last year - were there any times during football season that they needed to be used?
Looking at last year's schedule, there was one time slot on September 9 - Hawaii @ UCLA was on the Pac-12 national feed at 2 pm PT, and Weber St. @ Cal was played at the same time on Pac-12 Bay Area. I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure the Cal game was not available on DISH's Pac-12 alternate channels. I do know that during the early weeks of basketball season, there were multiple opportunities to put games on the alternate channels, and they were not used.

Nothing has changed. If there is more than one game being televised by Pac12 at the same time the extra games will show up on the alternates. Many of the Pac12 teams are being televised on other channels, ESPN, Fox, FS1, etc, these days so there is smaller incidence of Pac12 having more than one game at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)