Package Comparison

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Can anyone give me a list of the 250 has that 200 does not. THey really have messed up the option to compare side by side with this new site. Anyone? Thanks a lot in advance.

Here are the channels in the AT250 package that are not in the At200. Hope this helps!

BIO
BLOOMBERG TELEVISION
BOOMERANG
CHILLER
CLOO
COOKING CHANNEL
DISH MUSIC - 50'S & 60'S HITS
DISH MUSIC - 70'S HITS
DISH MUSIC - 7890
DISH MUSIC - 80'S HITS
DISH MUSIC - CITY LIGHTS
DISH MUSIC - COUNTRY MUSIC ONE
DISH MUSIC - EXPRESSIONS
DISH MUSIC - HITLINE
DISH MUSIC - HOT FM
DISH MUSIC - LITTLE ITALY
DISH MUSIC - LOVE SONGS
DISH MUSIC - MO' SOUL
DISH MUSIC - MOODSCAPES
DISH MUSIC - PIANO & GUITAR
DISH MUSIC - ROADHOUSE
DISH MUSIC - THE BEACH
DISH MUSIC - THE BLVD.
DISH MUSIC - THE PARTY PLAY LIST
DISH MUSIC - TROPICAL BREEZES
DO IT YOURSELF
ENCORE (WEST)
ENCORE ACTION
ENCORE DRAMA
ENCORE FAMILY
ENCORE LOVE
ENCORE SUSPENSE
ENCORE WESTERNS
EPIX DRIVE-IN
FOX MOVIE CHANNEL
FOX SOCCER CHANNEL
FUEL TV
GMC
GREAT AMERICAN COUNTRY
H2
HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL
MILITARY CHANNEL
MOVIE CHANNEL, THE (WEST)
MOVIEPLEX
MUN2
NAT GEO WILD
NBC SPORTS NETWORK
NICK TOONS
OUTDOOR CHANNEL
PLANET GREEN
RURAL TV
SPORTSMAN
TENNIS CHANNEL
THE HUB
TMC XTRA WEST
VERIA
VH1 CLASSIC

seems like providers do this on purpose. again, why are some channels only available on Dish top tier packages when everyone else has them in the lower tiers.

starting to notice a trend with responses like this...

empiretc said:
seems like providers do this on purpose. again, why are some channels only available on Dish top tier packages when everyone else has them in the lower tiers.

What channels are you referring to? Most seem to be niche channels. I agree that there are some that I'd like to see in lower packages, but there's enough in the 250 that keeps me from dropping it. The movie packages are the main selling point. Especially Encore, as I don't watch the Starz original programs, I get the Starz movie library.

Kb Cool said:
You notice how they skimp you on the TMC by not giving the eastern HD feed. :eek:

I don't see it as a skimp. It might be because I don't get The Movie Channel in HD, but I don't mind it in SD. Trust me, Dish's SD uplink of movie packages look much nicer than Xfinity and FiOS. I won't knock their HD, but their SD sucks on basically everything. Where in my opinion, movie packages at least are watchable on Dish.

What channels are you referring to? Most seem to be niche channels. I agree that there are some that I'd like to see in lower packages, but there's enough in the 250 that keeps me from dropping it. The movie packages are the main selling point. Especially Encore, as I don't watch the Starz original programs, I get the Starz movie library.

I don't see it as a skimp. It might be because I don't get The Movie Channel in HD, but I don't mind it in SD. Trust me, Dish's SD uplink of movie packages look much nicer than Xfinity and FiOS. I won't knock their HD, but their SD sucks on basically everything. Where in my opinion, movie packages at least are watchable on Dish.

I can totally agree with your post,except on just one thing.If you are subscribed to ATHD250 you should also receive The Movie Channel's one HD feed also.I mean we get Encore's one HD channel,why not The Movie Channel's one HD channel also with the HD 250 package?.What say you DISH?!!.:rant:

Of course they do it on purpose. They want to entice upgrades to higher cost tiers. Every channel provider attempts to extract as much as they can out of their subs.

For some dropping AT250 with channels they do not watch and save $10 and getting another package like BBMP or HBO instead is a better value for their money if they want that programming instead. At least with the satellite providers you have a choice between packages. With most cable companies you only have one package to choose.

Of course they do it on purpose. They want to entice upgrades to higher cost tiers. Every channel provider attempts to extract as much as they can out of their subs.

For some dropping AT250 with channels they do not watch and save $10 and getting another package like BBMP or HBO instead is a better value for their money if they want that programming instead. At least with the satellite providers you have a choice between packages. With most cable companies you only have one package to choose.

Agreed. This is why we went with at250 and netflix. netflix seemed the better deal over the movie channels. the only reason for at250 was because of some channels only offered in that package.

of course they do it on purpose, which is why the package prices only differ by ~$10. you can get so much more (or less) for just $10, lol.

When we signed up we added HD Plantium (now BB@Home) to the AT200 instead of going with AT250. A better deal for us. Different strokes for different folks!

And that is the perfect answer,if you like the AT250 channels you get them,if not you don't it's that simple.For me I like the ATHD250 package with Blockbuster@Home on my VIP922/wMT2.:)

But no matter what package you like with what I have found DISH to have alot of choices when it comes to packages,decisions,decisions.;):D

I agree with the OP that the new website is terrible. One of the things that made me choose Dish was the really great package comparison that let me easily see channel by channel what every package offered so I could be sure I was going to get the ones I wanted. I think someone got overly happy trying to make a "modern" site and spammed it out with modal windows and javascript to create the scroll within a scroll within a window monstrosity they have now.

Sometimes simple is better.

Major flaw in your statement. Actually two. Biggest is, if you would like to pay what Fios charges for instance for their next to the highest package, considerably more than the TOP200, then yes you too can have some of the same channels in the TOP250. But wait, there's more. Second, it still does not include some channels that only are in their top package, again considerably more than the TOP250 with less.
It's different business decisions by companies, not some conspiracy by Dish. Of course Dish like others are going to put some popular channels in a higher package, but really I can see how many can do without most of the ones in the TOP250. In fact looking over that list, I totally disagree with you. Those really are for the most part niche channels or channels most do not really demand.

Last edited:
In fact looking over that list, I totally disagree with you. Those really are for the most part niche channels or channels most do not really demand.
There's not one additional channel in 250 I would watch. 200 is really a price to value bargain.

H2, Military Channel, others - I'll stay quite content with the 250, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)