Paladia, HD Theater and Encore HD now part of Platinum

Doppy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Just an FYI for those planning to drop Platinum. Paladia and HD Theater being added to Platinum had been rumored so I was expecting that loss. Encore HD was news to me, but that's no big loss.

You can still view HD Theater on channel 5710, but with no Guide Listings (although you can set a manual timer and eyeball the listings in the Guide for the "red" version of the channel at 9421), and there is no guarantee that channel 5710 will not vanish some day...

Last edited:
so what's the new platinum package the release says 16 channels but doesn't list them all

OP is saying that Encore HD is in Platinum now. Shouldn't matter what base package you have.

Well, it's not showing up. And this is the first I've heard of it. Anyone with AT 250 still have it??

1. Looks like 5710 isn't around anymore. Or I can't get it anymore like I can't get IONW or my locals in SD after upgrading my dish to get the new HD.
2. Encore is 340.
3. These 11: http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdtv/images/grfx_08.jpg plus Shorts, EPIX1, EPIX2, HD Theater, Paladia, Encore. That's actually 17.
4. The info is right on my Guide that the channel is now gone after removing Platinum. I have no other source.
5. I believe AT 250 was the old requirement to get Encore HD. I still have AT 250, but no Platinum and no longer have the channel.

1. Looks like 5710 isn't around anymore. Or I can't get it anymore like I can't get IONW or my locals in SD after upgrading my dish to get the new HD.
2. Encore is 340.
3. These 11: http://www.dishnetwork.com/hdtv/images/grfx_08.jpg plus Shorts, EPIX1, EPIX2, HD Theater, Paladia, Encore. That's actually 17.
4. The info is right on my Guide that the channel is now gone after removing Platinum. I have no other source.
5. I believe AT 250 was the old requirement to get Encore HD. I still have AT 250, but no Platinum and no longer have the channel.

I have AT 250 with platnium (did not change) and have Encore HD. I did notice my RSN HD were red in the guide this morning but have been made available now.

It's also Encore HD, but after dropping Platinum it is hidden.

I have Platinum and it is not showing.

Are you basing your statement about Encore-HD on your personal experience and assumption?

Do you have any actual info from Dish regarding this?

Sounds like much ado about nothing now......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts