'Pam' cooking spray on my pans?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Add one more endorsement ......

A year and a half ago I was a non-believer and thought that Rain Shield was a joke. Then .... at the 2005 Satellite Expo I saw a demonstartion. I am totally amazed by the advantages of this product!

Water streaming across the face of a reflector is not a major issue, but water streaming across the LNBF cap is! Simply applying the Rain Shield to the LNBF lens then streamig water across brought a 90% dry signal from below threshold 50% signal on Dish Network signal to a 75% locking signal. While water streaming on the reflector seemed to only affect the signal less than 10%.

The major demonstration of abilities of Rain Shield is on a mobile dome satellite system. These systems are known for loss of signal in any medium downpour as the streaming water on the dome surface reflects the signal and does not allow adequate signal to pass through the dome. Application of Rain Shield almost eliminates this problem. Demonstrations showed that the signal on a dome without Rain Shield dropped from a 85% to 30%, but with Rain Shield the signal dropped to 70%.

Of course a larger reflector will maximize the gain resulting in reduced outages caused by signal attenuation, but reducing the amount of standing water on the LNBF cannot be addressed by the dish size.

With an offset dish it sits more vertical, and here in Canada you are North enough that it sits even more vertical. I've had no problems with snow accumulating on my dish which of course faces South. I would be surprised if you had a problem with snow accumulation or sticking, unless you live in some special conditions.

digiblur said:
It probably works great for snow but it rarely snows here anyways. It definately wouldn't work with our rain here either as you'll get a huge black cloud come over and lose the signal way before the first rain drop hits the dish.

I was always curious how much water sitting on the dish affects the signal, I might have to get the water hose out next time I've got the TV on the porch.

While it's true that it doesn't help prior to a rain when the signal is blocked by water laden clouds, what it WILL do is allow your signal to return much sooner. If the signal stopped before it started to rain, it will return before it stops raining. Using a product that doesn't allow water to bead up on the dish and LNBF makes a huge difference when the signal starts to return. Water beads on the LNBF lense is critical and it really doesn't take too many to make your picture pixel and/or freeze. Over the years we've used many products to try to avoid this problem.

Rain Shield is by no means a perfect solution, but it will definately cut the aggravation factor way back.

If someone has a perfect solution, or even a "near perfect" solution.... I'm all ears.

MrTim said:
If someone has a perfect solution, or even a "near perfect" solution.... I'm all ears.

Honestly Tim I am getting as near perfect a solution as will ever be possible by any thing you spray (Or wipe) on your dish!
The product has been improved since you last seen it working! It now works better and stays on the dish longer :)
I am having GREAT success with the new single application wipes. They are SOAKED in Rain Shield and really do add a THICK layer of the product on the dish(LNB)

http://www.kingdom2.com/Accessories.htm

Of course I follow the instructions to the LETTER, making sure to wipe down the dish with alcohol (With a tear in my eye). After spending $ on the product I want to do it RIGHT to get MAXIMUM benefit from it!

At last some Satellite professionals that have ACTUALLY seen Rain Shield in action, I hope its noticed by all that all the negative remarks on this product come from people who have NEVER seen it :)

Attachments

• Pict0140.JPG
    Pict0140.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Pict0139.JPG
    Pict0139.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 126
Both have their benefit, the can is the most economic way to apply it :) I sometimes remove the dish reflector and take it into the garage or some other well ventilated area and spray it there. Let it dry then re-bolt the reflector to the dish mount, making sure not to touch the treated area.

Of course its a complete WASTE of time and money using the spray on a windy day. That's whats nice about the wipe, its dripping wet and really coats the surface very thickly. It can be applied in the wind but all other recommendations must be carried out to get the most and longest out of the product!

I would recommend using the wipe mainly on the dish making sure to get the whole surface area soaked, just when its starting to dry out a little I wipe the top half of the rim of the dish then any snow that does manage to land there will be instantly blown away.

I would then wipe the LNB cover and the top half of the LNB casing, and finally wipe down the LNB arm with any remnant product!
Have any spare LNB's handy so that you can give them a wipe down while you are at it!

Should last a year, I had been applying the spray twice a year, once in fall on the last warm day, then in spring on the first warm day.

Attachments

• Pict0146.JPG
    Pict0146.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts